Vaginal infections BV or CV?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I hadbeen suffering from a vaginal infection for almost 4 years,I'd like to share my experience and frustrations with women who might have gone through the same and share what has worked for me...like many women on the internet,I've also been to different doctors,my condition has been misdiagnosed several times,from a bladder infection,to an STD,but all know treatments just weren't working..,I decided to step up my search for a cure 2 years when it stopped being a "recurring infection" and became "chronic" it just wouldn't go away,not even after a round of antibiotics...in these 2 years I've seen every doctor and every Gynecologist around my area but none of them has been able to give me a satisfactory answer.Ive done all types of tests,tried all types of treatments and they failed,last year around October I decided to do my own research and I know everything there is to know about vaginal infections,from BV, yeast,STDs,ureaplasma because I was so obsessed with finding a solution to my problem...then I came across probiotics,which I think are considered the holy grail of getting rid of recurring and chronic vaginal infections,I went to a local drugstore and bought myself some,with specific lactobacilli strains that are supposedly good for aunt vag...I took 2 everyday and the first week seemed to be going great,my white chunky and itchy discharge had decreased and I was overjoyed thinking my years of a stinky,itchy vagina were gone...untill the second week when everything went back to normal,I resorted to my most trusted friend the internet..and I got information that the probiotics I was using weren't strong enough,so I had to find another brand or bump the dose up a bit...increasing the dose was the only viable solution at that moment,the brand I was using was already expensive,the ones recommended on the internet were not available in my area and I had to order them online which meant spending double the amount I was already spending...a few days into increasing the dose I noticed that my infection got worse,the itching was unbearable,it felt like I had needles stuck up aunt vag...so I decided to go to the doctor for another round of tests,including a Pap smear,everything came back normal,except my Pap smear showed a shift in vaginal flora,so I was given another round of antibiotics,which obviously didn't work,but left me feeling worse,with a bladder infection..then I noticed that my urine had an extremely perculiar odour and was extremely acidic,the discharge would burn on contact and I had figured that this was because it was too acidic,the skin inside and around my vagina was so raw and itchy that I could not ignore it,I got so depressed that I decided to go see Gynae..who told me that it sounds like a yeast infection and gave me antifungal cream,for 7 days which was of no help.these symptoms would disappear when I had my period and come back immediately after...I stopped taking my probiotics because I had lost hope,that's when things started to normalize a bit...it didn't hit me that the probiotics were aggravating the situation untill I took one capsule and in no less than an hour I could feel a familiar tingle in my vagina....I once again searched the internet and after 6 months of suffering I finally discovered what could have been causing me problems all these years "cyclotic vaginosis or lactobacili overgrowth...which is still a very debated topic in the medical industry...am not a practitioner and I have not received a diagnosis from one but this is what finally got me out of my misery.....cyclotic vaginosis is an overgrowth of good bacteria,which are found in probiotics...remember we need a balanced vagina flora,not too much of the good stuff and not too much of the bad stuff,o started doing sits baths with baking soda twice a day everyday for 2 weeks,I can not remember the last time I saw clear watery discharge out of me and I can safely say this was one of the happiest moments in my life,please consider this if you have suffered from vaginal infections that just won't go away...it still recurs but is easily manageble with a sits bath once a week...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.