coming off warfarin onto dabagatrin

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Everyone 

I am very soon being changed from warfarin to dabagatrin does anyone know if you have to be weened off the warfarin before you can take the dabagatrin, those that should know don't seem to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The doc will tell you when you get the new prescription and the pharmacist certainly will too! I made the change but cant remember what happened. Fat lot of help that is! Dabigatran is good news...I used to feel as if I was attached to the GPs surgery with a giant eleastic band was back and forth so often!
    • Posted

Thanks Okapis for the positive feed back about the Dabigatran L
  • Posted

When I switched I stopped wharfarin for two days before starting daniigatran but definitely let your doctor guide you. I have nothing bad to say about switching over at all.
  • Posted

For what it is worth my GP said that it takes three days for warfarin to get out of your system. The pharmacist is the most knowledgeable source of information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.