Is a phone call after a face to face for pip normal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, just wonder if a phone call from pip to clarify a a date is normal? It was just to ask how long an injury was from ect. He said to my partner that he will br making a decision today ....anxious.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

That's normal if it wasn't mentioned anywhere by yourself or the assessor.  Any condition has to have been present for 3 months and expected to last for 9 months.  It's likely this is what they were checking, more than 3 months or within the last 3 months.

• Posted

Oh ok ,i wrote the date wrong on my other halfs form so the man just wanted to double check on how long it had been for. Christ that 1 call has put us on edge..iv been reading so many pip horror stories. X
  • Posted

Hi,

What an absolute disgrace we now have in situ to treat ill and/or disabled people, where a phone call can be so life changing as to make you anxious or depressed but that now is the norm.

Hopefully the day will come when claimants can feel assured after a call from dwp rather than persecuted or belittled.

Mike.

• Posted

I totally agree. It is so belittling and stressful. It's my faith in God that has been seeing me through. I had an assessment yesterday and even this moment I. Am in excruciating pains and stress, due to the experience. . Praying that it works out well for you and that the government will review how they Deal with this change as it could push people over the edge. Have a wonderful day

• Posted

I. Had a call to day . but the number we withheld. Was not sure if it's Pip as I don't take calls from withheld numbers. Was your call a withheld number

• Posted

It really is terrible how the f2f interviews make us feel. You go in the meetings and be honest stress about it for weeks until you hear for them .... hope everyone gets the result they want x
  • Posted

Hi,

This happened to me when i was waiting for my review decision. 4 days after my PIP assessment i had a call from the DM asking me 1 question. They often do this before making their decision. I did wonder after though if he was trying to catch me out because i clearly stated on the form how long ago my condition had gotten worse. I gave him the same answer that i'd wrote on my form. He just said thank you for answering my question you'll recieve a decision within next week. 24 hours later i rang and indeed a decision had been made. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you ! I know he said we will receive a decision next week and that a decision was being made today so do you think if i my other half were to ring for an up date in a couple of days it would be on system ? All this waiting and seconding guessing what the decision will be is stressful..i have bitten my nails for the first time in years ! X
    • Posted

It could be on their system tomorrow.  Worth calling tomorrow or Thursday and asking them for the result.  If you've not got a copy of the assessor's report ask them to send that at the same time.  Even if your partner gets a good result that you're both happy with it's useful to have the report to see how the assessor interpreted things he did and said.  That way you'll be aware of their assumptions if he has to go for another assessment and he can explain things in even more detail if they got anything wrong this time.

• Posted

Scally is right try ringing tomorrow. Usually it takes around 24 hours for both computer systems to be update with info at DWP, maybe lunch time tomorrow? Yes completely agree with you about the stress. I was the same and that's one thing that makes my condition worse. Good luck and hopefully you get the decision you want. Please do come back and let us know the outcome. Also don't forget about the assessment report. Another good bit of advice from Scally there.

• Posted

Thank you actually and Denise. My other half is adamant that he will wait for letter, grrrr. So I shall have to wait but I will definitely let you know the outcome. And ill definitely make sure my oh asks for the report.

I read mums report today.... it says 'you say you need help bathing. I have decided you can do this'.

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH! Calling my mum a liar in a round about way. Really is unbelievable .xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.