Does anyone else get sick of hearing themselves complain?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Venting used to help me, but I'm literally so sick of hearing myself talk about the rough time I have with anxiety and depression that I can't even write it in a journal anymore. It's tiring. I'm like the bad friend who tells you to stop complaining because they can't take it anymore because you are overwhelming them. 

I'm sitting at my desk at work with my legs bouning up and down so hard I feel like I could drill a hole in the floor with my foot. I can't stop thinking about how all day I have been overwhelemed and I feel everything at once and then not feel anything at all.

I think my biggest question is if anyone else ever feels like this? What have your experiences been like and how have you tried to cope with it?

I've been searching for the right medication and thought I found it - Wellbutrin XL - but lately I'm regressing in different ways and this seems to be one of them. 

I don't have any friends who have been through this so hearing someone else's take might be helpful. 

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Panda

Sorry your struggling. I havent had that experience but just wanted you to know your not alone...

Anxiety and all the rubbish it throws at you is so delibitating.

The reäson i dont have the same experience is because i havent shared my issues with anyone. Other than my partner.

I couldnt share with my work collegues as i am a very private person . And i am always the coper.

Thankfully i am on the better side of anxiety now... so dont give up hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep strong keep going and rememeber anxiety cannot harm you. Makes you feel dreadful and uncomfortable but it cant kill you.

You can do this 😊

• Posted

Pressed reply to soon.

I coped with the anxiety by going for CBT and doing meditation.

The guy at CBT said my biggest fault was being too hard on myself. And i should be more gentle with my self and stop expecting to be perfect all the time.

So now i do allow myself to be not ok all the time .. If that makes sense

• Posted

I've been trying meditation but lately I get stressed out just trying to make time for it. I'll have to work on it if it really does help. and yes that does make sense, thank you!

• Posted

I am at my desk, wondering how I can leave. I am having a panic attack. I want to cry and scream all at the same time. I can cry and I may not get noticed but screaming...no way. I twist my fingers and other little quirks when I am this way.

I take medication too, but it is not helping enough. I think I need a vacation, if just to stay at home for a few days. Maybe soon.

You are not alone. 

• Posted

I too get quirks like twisting my fingers, pulling my hair and scratching my scalp open. Dealing at work is so hard. I'm glad to not be alone but very sad to hear you are going through this sad I hope somehow you find calm during your day! 

• Posted

I used to twiddle my hair, and thought no one would notice at work.. But i am sure they thought some of my behaviour was weird 🤓

But i tried my hardest to hide it from them all. and would be so fidgety i got on my own nerves xx

Keep smiling xx

• Posted

I have been open with my closest co-workers about my condition...general anxiety disorder and depression. They accept and support me for the most part. Some of them understand and some of them try to understand. I get it. We can not understand what we have not experienced ourselves.

• Posted

Thats great you can share with your co workers.. I could do but thats just the way i am, I'm always the one that sorts everyone else's problems out and gives the support.. I don't easily accept it back...Weird i know but thats just my way of dealing with it.

I hope you start feeling it soon 🤓 things will get better xx

• Posted

I'm at work doing the same thing ready to go home crying off and on and bouncing my leg..... I can't just leave today because I just got back from being off for two weeks due to my anxiety 😢When will this get better

• Posted

I am so sorry that you are struggling too.

It is so hard to work and feel like this.

Let's both take some deep breaths. Breathe in and then breathe out slowly. It helps some for a little while anyway.

It will get better.

• Posted

I wish there was a magic pill that we could all take so we could promise one another a time frame for things to get better. I haven't really found the perfect trick to cope with these days at work - sobbing and shaking for no reason in my office - but the more we endure, the stronger we become. When it's finally over I am going to be the strongest person I know and so will you! 

My medicine makes me numb to feeling often so it's easy to be positive somehow, I know it's easier said than done. But keep trying things - meditation, medicine, yoga, and one that has helped most is doing more of what makes me happy. I seriously live by that mantra now. I'll perhaps not make dinner for my boyfriend and I and just watching a favorite TV show for a while or spending time on Pinterest DIYs or rearranging my apartment. 

I hope it gets easier for you soon. Until then, you are always welcomed on these forums - I've learned that and when I think I'm about to burst, coming here helps. 

• Posted

I feel the same. I feel like I'm being annoying by talking about my anxiety. I'm the type of person that prefers to talk about things rather than bottle them up. I know people probably get sick of me talking about anxiety but I get sick of having it. I feel like this almost every minute of every day and talking about it a little to my loved ones is nothing in comparison to how much it affects me. I just wish they could understand or I could just STOP myself from thinking this way!! It's so annoying

• Posted

To be honest Panda, I have given all bitching up now it just irritates me and life has so much to offer, why bitch. In a way this can be a good place to bitch on, because you gain support. All I used to say was give myself a break.

Everyone who has a medical problem do bitch on it is sad however mental health is the least understood and is looked upon as a weakness, so we become looked upon as a person of weakness not of strength. So we all know what follows, so we say nothing and get on with all our conditions negative problems

BOB

• Posted

I'm glad I finally decided to join a forum, it's a lot easier on here haha. That's a good way to look at it, staying positive is hard for me sometimes but you're right - there is so much more to life! I'm only 24 so I have a whole life ahead of me. 

And then the anxiety comes and tells me that is just that much longer I have to be sick lol. Since my anxiety was onset by a car accident I'm a little hopeful that it won't last forever and that I can find a medicine that works well. 

• Posted

Panda

What happened in your car accident, I had a really serious one forty years ago. I crashed into a sandstone wall after a skid at sixty miles an hour there was nothing left of the car even the engine disintergrated

Smashed ankle wrist and pushed the Sturnum and rib cage into my heart and lung, the car collapsed onto my legs and my foot went through the floor of the car next to clutch, a definate character builder especially when they started to cut me out and the sparks started burning me

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.