Anyone else convince themselves they are having a heart attack!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm absolutely fed up of constantly thinking I am having or am going to have a heart attack.

The last couple of weeks have been really bad I have done that much googling that every single symptom I have is related to a woman's heart attack symptoms , my arms heart , my back hurts I have chest pains , tired ,pains under my ribs. Last August I was sent to hospital with suspected PE they ran so many tests on every organ possible , my GP assured me there was nothing wrong I was fit and healthy but I keep telling myself that wasAugust what about now and why do I feel like this constantly poorly can't take it anymore , I can't seem to live my life as I'm constantly panicking about having a heart attack 😭😭😭

Anyone else the same ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Natalie yes I've been through all this it comes with anxiety. It's not real it's your brain playing games and is taking over. It's a awful feeling and frightening. Try to do some breathing excercises that will help x

• Posted

You need to accept the results of the tests you have had, everyone could keep asking for tests, accept a good prognosis and live your life.

Yes I understand how you feel the way you are, all I keep saying is in an ideal world when would you eventually say I have had so many tests I need to stop.

When we have tests generally you increase risks incurred while taking tests.

When would you accept you are ok. How would you feel if having so many tests had wrecked your health, who would you blame.

Sorry

BOB

• Posted

Hello Natalie....been there.....your not alone...rest assured it's your mind creating the worse case scenario...sit back...take some deep breathes and focus on something completely different...focus on whatever makes u happiest....or a place...I feel when I do this in my worse moments...it feels I gain control over the overwhelming feelings....

Stay Strong!!!

• Posted

This has been me for the passed month and half! I even get jaw pain and shortness of breath! Tests were also normal... said I had a young heart.. as I'm only 20. But I smoke and I'm overweight... so that adds to my concern. I feel like I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in so long, because I go to sleep thinking I'm gonna die, and then I wake up with heart palpitations and think "this is it!" Every time I get heart burn, or I'm sore on either side of my body, my mind instantly thinks heart attack. I could have toe pain and I still think it's my heart. I have had a couple of good days since this all started, but I just want to wake up not fearing for my life even though I've been reassured I'm not going to have a heart attack multiple times! I've started to use icy hot or biofreeze on my sore arms and shoulders.. takes my mind off of it for a while. But I'm right there with you! It is awful and in so sick of feeling like this! I just want my life back!

• Posted

Yes I do. I have had sharp pains in my chest for hours now and can't seem to figure out what's wrong with me. I can't sleep!

• Posted

Heart pulpitations , chest pains stabbing ache , breathing problems like i cant exhale like im full of air and feel like suffercating im so tence my shoulders my neck my throat head tenion pressure everywhere blured vision stand uo feel like im going to faint so have to sitback down walk aroubd the shop half way round need to sit down i feel like im going to have a heart attack every min of the day and tge only time i find peace is when im asleep soon as i wake up my nightmare begins

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.