What do you think I have? Please read...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel like i'm losing a battle with not only my body but all the health professionals that have seen me.

I do have an Ovarian cyst and am on the waiting list for removal, its not urgent and both doctors and the gyneacologist say its 'a red herring' with regards to how i'm feeling. I post often in the Ovarian cyst forum and find it so helpful so I thought i'd try in here.

I have my next doctors appoint on the 16th March and I really want to do as much reserach before I go just to 'throw' some ideas her way.

I have had an Ultrasound and an MRI, both clear apart from the cyst.

I haven't had the dye contrast on the MRI though.

My symptoms today and yesterday:

Stomach ache which feels quite high, like behind the abdomen.

The area is sore to touch.

No toilet troubles, all working fine.

Extreme bloating (I look 6 months pregnant)

The pain comes particularly after i've eaten or drank something, like this morning, as soon as I had a coffee.

I have had 3 really bad days where I have ended up in emergency doctors with extreme right lower side pain which I thought to be appendix but doc's said its too low.

Blood work shows no kidney/liver problems and no UTI

I don't feel like its stabbing, more like someone is ripping the inside of my stomach wall.

I'm at a loss of what to do next really.

Any advise is greatly received.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

And another thing I should mention (and i'm petrified to ask because it sounds probably completly normal and i've just never noticed it before)

When I lie down I can feel hard lumps in my lower abdomen and they move, ie they must be wind, after a bit of massage they move along.

is this normal??

• Posted

Hi

If your pain is quite high up in the abdomen, it could be a stomach issue. Your symptoms sound very simular to mine. I also look about 6 months pregnant with how swollen my abdomen is and I also have upper abdo pain. I have trouble swallowing food and get heartburn and indigestion when I eat. My pain is also worse after i've eaten or drank. I have a lot more symptoms too which is why I'm due to have an endoscopy soon to investigate. 

I would reccommend you speak to your GP regarding these symptoms because I wouldn't have thought they'd be related to your pelvic problems. They may also reffer you to have an endoscopy to see what's going on if it's stomach related.

I hope this has helped a little.

Good Luck with everything!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.