COMPLETED CT SCAN DONE TODAY (3/11)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

Just to let you all know that I had my CT scan today -I couldnt believe I wasnt put in a hospital gown -I had to just take my bra off & could put my own long jumper on -so was comforted by that

I was introduced to it -& found the " tunnel" was like an enormous polo mint . I was asked to first lie on my back with my arms up behind me .As always -as soon as Im lying down -I go out for the count - although I could hear all the instructions given to me & did exactly what was asked of me

I had to lie on my back then on my stomach & both times I was asked to hold my breath then to breathe normally & did so

All it felt like to me was as if I was sat on a train that went slightly forward & then slightly back a few times

I asked to see the scans for educational purposes because Ive never seen a picture of my lungs & the radiographer refused -which I thought was a bit tight really - considering they were my lungs.Its not as if it was someone elses scan

Apparently you get a further appointment to be told the results face to face -which is more frightning than by letter -which I would ve preferred .

Miraculously no sooner had I got down to the waiting room at theCT scan waiting room I was told to undress & go right in so couldnt believe it- If I have to have another one 'I'll know what to expect now but glad that part's over -its the dreaded results & whats going to happen going forward

I was watching a programme & there was some guy who had his motor scooter stolen had this condition -I missed half of what he said but I heard the word pulmonary & it causes disease to the heart & lungs .... -& causes breathlessness .I hope they dont find something wrong with my heart

I took my emla cream just in case out of the blue they decided to take any blood prior to the scan but thank god they didnt

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I was not given a hospital gown either. I had to remove things with metal on which was my bra. I then had a cannula inserted in my hand for the contrast media. There was a queue for people waiting, some did have hospital gowns, perhaps they had more metal than I did, no TV in the room but amusing chatter. Then went into the CT room, the machine said "breath in and hold your breath"! Then finished I had the cannula removed, I dressed and went home again. I was told the results over the phone by the consultant.

• Posted

I THANK GOD I DIDNT HAVE A CANNULA!!!!!! That s one of the many horrible hings next to injections. Im very sqeamish like that. I sometimes find that whenever you refuse to have something done -they "bully you (& I use the word very loosley) into having it done by saying well we cant do this we re unable to that -or words to that effect to make you change your mind -& it just aint fair to be pressurised in that way

• Posted

The CT scanner is roomier than the MRI ones and also a much quicker procedure. Take your own music player and headphones if having an MRI as they tend to give you dreadful music 😃

• Posted

Hi

They wouldnt allow it because they said it would interfere with their systems so I fell asleep instead

• Posted

It's evidently different with MRI scanners.

• Posted

CT scanners are open and are pretty quick. I don't think I would have had time to listen to music. An MRI scan can take ages and you have that awful noise which you don't have with a CT scan, which is much like having a normal x-ray.

• Posted

Hi

Got the results of my breath test by letter. which confirmed there is restriction in my lungs

ive also got a december appointment to be told my fate of. my lungs ( maybe whether they need to do surgery or not presumably - GOD I HOPE NOT IM HOSPITAL PHOBIC!!

• Posted

At least if they can wait until December it is not an emergency which is good news.

• Posted

I jolly well hope they dont say surgery because that'll men a stay in hospital which is what I dont want because Im hospital phobic & the thought of that floors me

Lung transplants arent always safe - the body may not react positively & could die-you here about all of those things dont you-people who have that type of surgery & then dying because of it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.