Complicated Sinusitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello to all i have been in pain (top right eyebrow/frontal sinus) for almost 5 months. I have been taking 1gram of paracetamol every night because that is when the pain gets worse for those 5 months. I did 4 rounds of amoxicillin(one was after rhinoplasty) + clavunate and now im finishing another round of Cipro with no success. I did a surgery to fix my deviated septum and clear the right frontal sinus(rhinoplasty). Doctor found a polyps too and i was pain free for two weeks. Until i had to travel back to Bath for my exams where it got infected again. When going back to brussels to visit my sister I went to a doctor there. He cultivated the pus and found out what sort of bacteria it was( Pseudomonas aer. + Kluyvera ascorbata) and gave me Cipro which should have worked. As a soon to be pharmacist the last approach seemed the most logic and the one that would finally workout for me because amoxicillin doesnt work on those strains of bacteria but unfortunately it didnt. I dont have fever, my nose isnt running i am not coughing. It feels like it has clogged up again. The pain makes me depressed and weird thoughts of desperation occur and i know that continuous use of paracetamol + antibiotics will strain my liver. I am asking for advice because i dont know what kind of bureaucracy there is so i can use the NHS as i havent used it before. Please help me 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You may have a chronic sinus infection resistant to antibiotics. If you are near Eastern Europe, you may want to look into Bacteriophages...they are a long forgotten therapy that pretty much no one in the West uses. They have been extremely effective in Sinus infections that are resistant to all antibiotics. They are also extremely safe. 
  • Posted

Sagas. I repeat this post, as it appears you may find it beneficial for your sinus problem

I suffered from chronic sinusitis for over 50 years, before finding a miracle cure, Evening Primrose Oil. Please read my post on 14-2-2016 for full details.

Evening Primrose Oil desensitises the nervous system, so that it does not react to irritants. It is not a drug, so it has no adverse side affects.

It works in about 4 hours and is effective for a further 24 hours, so one 1000mg capsule daily is normally sufficient to overcome the problem.

It is available from most good supermarkets, and costs about 10c per capsule.

Try this simple treatment and be as surprised as I was with the astounding results.

Regards Ray.

• Posted

PS, if you are taking 1 gram of Acetaminophen (paracetamol) every night, you might want to take some milk thistle with that as it is very harsh on your liver. If you have blood tests and notice elevated liver enzymes, this may be the cause, be sure to tell your doctor that you are taking these all the time. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.