Confused

Posted , 3 users are following.

Could I have been the one to give my partner herpes from before our relationship and the people I slept with before?

It was just a weird coincidence that he was out of the country for 6 months, came back and I broke out with the outbreak 3-4 days after we had sex. He's had history of cheating. I don't know what to think.. I'm so confused.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm in a similar situation idk what to say. I do know that I have been crying for days. And I haven't even been completely diagnosed through a blood test. I'll know more on Thursday.

Did he have a break out? Have him get checked. Did u get checked?

• Posted

Yes I did. He had some sores but nothing like mine. I'm in so much pain... I'm on antiviral pills so I'm praying that helps. I've never cheated, I've never slept around or had one night stands. I can't believe this is Happening
  • Posted

I just spent ten minutes typing a reply and lost it in a second. Lol. I wish I had a answer for you. But I'm really confused about my own situation. My life is now turned upside down. I feel dirty , unappealing, I don't want my husband to see me naked anymore. And I'm not even certain that I have it. But the dr. Said clinically it looks like it. But I have a 10 history of shingles and was told I can spread it to myself even down there. I can't stop thinking about who did this to me, how when where why etc.... my husband has herpes one his mouth. Did I get it from that. And it didn't show up yrs. Later?? Idk... I'm so confused.
    • Posted

My doctor said that if it's type 1 and your partner has it in his mouth he can spread it to you through oral sex. When will you get your results?

And I know how you feel.... It's one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with. It sucks... But it's not a death sentence. It's actually very common. 1 in every 4 women carry this virus and 1 in every 5 men. With the right treatment hopefully you won't have any more outbreaks. My partner denies cheating on me but how is it that 4 days after he comes home from over seas, I break out? Weird coincidence huh? I don't buy it.. I also don't buy that I'm the one who gave it to him. But who knows. It sucks either way

• Posted

So you're saying I could've gotten it from my husband even if his sore isn't present and he went down on me??? And it could've stayed dorment??? I'm so sorry for you. I don't like being cheated on. I'm not taking this very well. I don't have anyone I can call and cry to. I sit home by myself and sulk all day till my husband comes home. Since I went to the dr. I go to bed crying and wake up crying. I don't trust anyone with this secret to tell. I dare not tell my mother. I'm all alone. Scared also waiting for the result for hiv. But for some reason I'm more worried about the herpes idk y. Thanks forlilistening
  • Posted

It is possible that you have given it to him and its also possible that he slept with someone and gave it to you especially if he has a history of cheating.

The sucky part about herpes is that it can live in you without symptoms and without you knowing it for a long time until something powerful triggers it. Did he have any outbreaks while he was out of the country? Unfortunately if hes dealing with his own demons fears and insecurities he might be hiding something from you.

I know when I was diagnosed in 2011 I was afraid that I got it from a man I had been intimate with once, but I just recently found out that I could have gotten it from someone I dated in 2009 which could have been a trigger to set it off for the first time in 2011.

It is so hard to pinpoint where it came from. Hopefully your partner is completely honest with you and his honesty will be able to help you get to the bottom of everything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.