Confusing symptoms.

Posted , 2 users are following.

since about 2006 (yes, really) I usually wake up with these symptoms:

• Dull ache at back of head (symmetric), sometimes around sides to temples. Always symmetric. Not throbbing.
  • Neck feels a bit stiff.
  • Head pressure - goldfish bowl
  • Confused
  • Hard to concentrate
  • Hard to speak
  • Feel dazed/dizzy/sick (previous experience of vertigo although this has resolved now)
  • Shuffling/stumbling
  • Stiff and achy
  • chronic intermittent post nasal drip (a few hours a day)
  • sinuses feel slightly "full" but no pain or nasal congestion

Always worse in the morning and then improving later, but "later" might mean 8 or 9pm

too unwell to work

strange upper body tremor for maybe 20-30 sec when i wake up from a nap

i tire easily and sometimes have post exertional malaise

doctors very quick to diagnose as depression, but i think something else is going on, and various antidepressants (11 or 12) have not helped. My mood isn’t terrible - I just feel physically unwell.

grateful for anybody's thoughts

thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello,

I am still trying to believe that you have EXACTLY the same symptoms as me.

I have had vertigo badly twice now - one episode on Christmas morning and one earlier in December. The second episode was worse than the first and left me unable to walk for about 10 minutes.

Because of the symptoms I have been treated as a potential stroke patient by the medical profession - understandably. My CT scan though did not back this up. I am now waiting for an MRI scan to confirm findings.

My recovery from the vertigo episodes have all the same symptoms as you. The tremors when I wake up, and pressure over my eyes and sinuses and back of head. My neck and head aren't painful but feel heavy and slightly stiff. I get very tired very quickly and I,too, feel dazed and confused and off- beat. I am still worried about bending down low and looking up and feel myself moving very slowly. I am praying that it's not a stroke.

I am desperately hoping it is just bad episodes of Bppv but not sure that effects of that would last so long. I'm really trying to thing what else it could be. The only thought I have is that just before the first vertigo episode I did some floor exercises for my arthritic hip (the bridge exercise) which does put some pressure on the neck. When I got up from the floor I felt quite nauseous and that night I had the first bout of awful vertigo. So now I'm wondering whether my neck caused everything or maybe it was Bvvp as my head was in a pressurised and low position. Can you think of anything you did before that could have caused your vertigo?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.