Conjunctivitis with blurred vision

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have red, watery eyes since 7 days now. Dr. prescribed me antiobiotic drops and ointment to control any secondary infection however he said its viral conjectivitus. further, he gave me mydriacyl 1% to provide relief/

in my last follow up, he replaced mydriacyl with atopine.

Now since two days i have blurred vision and extreme light sensitivity to light...

should I get second opinion?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If it's no better the drops may not suit you.

I do get blurred vision myself with some drops.

• Posted

Hi Timmy124: I think Antiobiotic drops are very good will clear all the infections, may be to blurred vision and light sensitivity to light will disapear by the time. But second opinion is an excellant idea to see what his opinion will be. stay away from light and computer, T.V. and other light in the house.

What was the problems that you have at first?

Hope the problem will go away. Best regards

• Posted

I wonder why you were prescribed atropine?  This is usually to dilate the pupil so that the professional can inspect the inside of the eye.  Did you have inflamation of the iris?   [ie the coloured ring around your pupil]  The atropine could have been given to relax the iris muscle to  stop any painful contractions of the iris.

Your eye may now be reacting to the continued use of atropine so I would go back to your doctor.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.