Constant burning in penis after bowel movement

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I am a 24 Year old

I have come to this website as my final resort, i have simply ran out of ideas and hope at this point & need to know if anyone out there can advise me on my issues.

My issues started in January 2021, these issues came out of nowhere. One day I was fine the next day I started to have some sever symptoms relating to passing urine. I would go days of constantly needing to wee, going every 10-15

mins and no matter how much i went nothing would give me any relief. when i would go, it would only dribble out and the feeling of wee stuck at the tip would be a constant battle. No matter what I would do, nothing would work. After 2 weeks of constant uncomfortableness, I seeked advice from my GP. I was told that it sounded like OAB and was told to do "bladder training" to see if this would improve. This consisted of holding off as long as possible to retrain my bladder. I did this for a whole month with no success. I reported back to GP saying that i would still have this feeling of needing to go when i dont, as if a little bit of urine was trapped at the tip. I was given medication which i can not remember the name for this one to help withhold my wee for longer, this helped as i was able to hold of for an hour maybe two of going to the toilet but was not successful in relieving the weird feeling of a ghost wee. This lasted 2 months until I was later prescribed Oxybutin Hydrochloride to help with these symptoms, this lasted a further 2 months with no improvements and was supposed to help with OAB. At this point i was taking medication along doing bladder training and still did not feel relieved at all after i went to the toilet.

Further into the year, after many calls to the GP, They was unsure of what my issue was, I had taken every test, UTI was clear, no STD. At this point my issues had started to worsen. I had noticed that every time i went to have a poo, that my symptoms would amplify, and i would now start to have a burning sensation when I urinate along with the feeling of still needing to wee even tho i have released every thing. This burning sensation would not just stop there, it would continue to burn hours after I have done any bowel movement and was more frequent if i did have a poo.

I have reported all these issues to the GP who then referred me to a urologist, which taken almost 6 weeks for me to even get an appointment. During this time things was getting worse and worse by the day, I was just expected to put up with these symptoms whilst i waited with no pain relief or any advise on how to tame and make my issues some what bare able. These were the longest times of my life, sitting in the unknown as to why i am having these problems.

I finally got my appointment with the urologist and was seen to have cystoscopy procedure, to see if there was any issues with my bladder and to take a better look at potentially diagnosing me. All tests came back fine, i even had a belly scan to see if there was any issues and non could be seen, i was told it was lifestyle, when i am a 23 year old active male. I had stopped intake of caffeine, anything sugary, changed my diet for a whole 6 months with no improvements.

Now I am currently going through the worst part of this whole thing, I can not go a day without having this intense burning sensation within my whole penis, even before i have any bowel movements, it would constantly burn. other symptoms started to lessen like i could hold off going to the toilet for long periods in the day. For example, i would be getting up in the night 3/4 times, now it is once & I can go only 3/4 times throuhout the day where as i was going 20 times. I think this is believed to be cause of the new medication i am on which is Amitriptyline, but the burning sensation before and after i pooo is still at its worse. This is reslly affecting my mental health and some days i do not want to he here as the burning sensation is too much to handle.

I have recently been seen by my GP who said it was all in my head and that Anti depressants would he good to try.

I Stopped the current pills and started taking these, after the 2nd day of only taking anti depressants, my issues came back stronger than ever. The feeling of needing to wee constantly came back, and burning enhanced. I decided to stop taking anti depressants and go back to Amitriptyline and noticed these helped more than any other medication i was taking but did not cure me. I can go days without having any feeling but because i would put off pooing, but as soon as i had a poo, the burning sensation would be so bad i would cry as there was nothing i could do to stop the burning. its getting to a point where i have no where else to turn. i got refused a prostate check Because i am seen as too young but i do believe this is my final check, i need to check to see if there is anything wrong with my prostate as these are so heavily related.

I do thankyou for taking your time to read, I am open to any suggestions

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How frustrating for you. At 24 you should not have this worry. Prostatitis is always a possiblity. Theres always that one patient who doesnt conform to the recognised symptoms. Have you had a blood test to check your PSA level? You may like to ask your GP about that before insisting on a digital check of the rectum.

Are you constipated a lot of the time? If you are then try to loosen up your motions with fibre, fruit, vegetables or even a stool softener like Fybogel. That may be the problem

Has your GP or urologist thought about a neurological cause? I'm sure they must have done but maybe worth asking.

• Posted

Hi Marie, thankyou for taking your time on reading. I always say to my self at 24 why is this my main problem. Its been a year with no success and constant uncomfortableness. I have not had my PSA levels check no, I am finding it difficult at the moment as my latest check with my GP he put me on anti depressants and basically said its all in my head & that i am too young to have any issue with my prostate. I will request this immediately and see how we get on. At first I was not constipated but as time goes on, I find my self putting off passing stool because of the implications it causes after, it affects me so much afterwards nothing i do/take can give me any relief from the burning sensation. But as i dont do it as oftern anymore i do find my self really consitpated. I was told that the current medication would make this also a possiblity but Amitryptline is the only medication which makes me feel normal on some days. So do you suggest trying to eat/take so that its easier for me to pass stool? & I am not too sure what is meant by neurological. I will ask about this to my GP

• Posted

Hi,

Just to update on current situation.

I had seen my urologist back in august 2021.

Since then i have rang my GP many times and have all said that there is nothing wrong with me according to urologists notes. Yesterday after asking for my PSA levels to be checked - the GP had told me that they have noticed the urologist saying that my bowels are pushing on my bladder extreemly which he believes to be the cause of my burning sensations. I have been told to up my dosage of amittyptaline and take laxatives to combat the constipation for the time being whilst urologist have another look.

thanks for reading

• Posted

Hi!

I have had symptoms similar to yours for years and have not been able to find out what is wrong with me, I was wondering if you have had any updates on your condition you would be willing to share if that's alright?

for example:

Have you been able to find out what you had?

did you get any treatments that worked?

were you able to find any 'at home' remedies that gave you any relief?

I would appreciate any knowledge you would feel alright with sharing!

• Posted

hi, i too have had similar problems. i was discharged from Urologist too and GP not rreally helping.

i tried Bio-resinance, but its expensive and after 3months didnt notice anything getting better so gave it up. if anyone can help it would be appreicated thanks

• Posted

hi, i hope your symptoms have eased a little since you last posted.

i am going through a very similar thing at the moment. i am on same medication, have a tests come back clear, the Urologist has cleared me so they wont do anything else either. just wondered if anything has helped you over last few years or any suggestion's regarding Doctors

thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.