Constant dizziness?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

In December last year my mum died from cancer. Was a horrible stressful time and very tiring. Two weeks after i went to my doctor complaining of bring dizzy and my legs feeling weak. This symptom went after a week or two then came back again in January, March and again now.

I still have it now for over 2 weeks. Its not vertigo as i nothing is spinning. I only get it when walking around and my legs feel like jelly and shaky. Its like walking on sponge and when i sit down i still feel dizzy. Feels like motion sickness but without the nausea which makes you feel like you are going to vomit.

Ive also been getting mild headaches in the centre of my forehead, ankle pain like swollen when its not, difficulty concentrating, broken sleep, waking up feeling exhausted and not refreshed, but the dizziness is horrible . I also sometimes get IBS symptoms.

My Dr is currently treating it as a Vestibular neuritis and gave me some Prochlorperazine tablets which haven’t done anything. Weirdly i always feel better in the evenings.

Im a worrier type of person, always anxious and very stressed with home and work life. Im not sure if these symptoms are the start of CFS or my body starting to grieve or saying for me to stop and slow down. Im worried its CFS and that it will get worse.

The only thing i will say is that i can still function and do things. I can walk the dog, mow the lawn, go to work etc without feeling exhausted.

If it is CFS does it get progressively worse? Im in the UK so as yet doctors havent done anymore tests on me apart from prescribe these tablets which have had no effect.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.