Constant dizziness and headaches

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started in December after a family death, a feeling like i was incredibly dizzy. It was not like the room was spinning but a feeling of being off balance, like walking on a sponge floor.

Feeling would last a week or two then go. Came back in March. Then came back in May along with headaches and a migraine - i never get these normally.

Went to GP who did bloods all normal and a head CT scan all normal. My cortisol was high however . Had two weeks off work and felt better.

Its now returned again and is really affecting my life . Also feel very tired and just exhausted when i wake up.

Trying a gluten free diet to see if that might help hut wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar?

I tend to feel normal after 8pm every night though which is weird.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, have just read your comment I am new to this forum and have been suffering since December. I started with an ear infection which left me with horrible pressure and blocked feeling which seemed to spread across my forehead. Then a few weeks ago I started with headaches never ever have I suffered with headaches (I'm 57). Had a really severe headache beginning of June and I was rushed into A&E had lumbar puncture, CT scan and head MRI which was all clear. Now awaiting an ENT appointment. While in hospital and since I am home I to am suffering from vertigo symptoms not like full room spinning but dizzy, nauseated and a feeling of being off balance. I was fit and healthy till this struck me in December and it is affecting my life even though I try not to let it. Hope you get some answers

• Posted

thanks you too I was reading about something called PPPN today which sounded very similar to what im experiencing Maybe you also should have a read

• Posted

Hi just read about PPPD thanks for the info. I am like you i wake up feeling dreadful and feel better as the day goes on. I just want to be back to my normal self. Let me know how the gluten free goes I will try anything!

• Posted

I hope you are feeling a bit better. Given that the tests were given the all clear I would certainly look to the reason for the problem possibly being anxiety related. If you are getting relief from the symptoms after 8pm it could be that you are more relaxed at this particular time than you are during daylight hours.

There has to be a reason for your symptoms, so don't give up trying to find the answer. Please look into the possible cause of your symptoms being in some way anxiety related, even if you believe that you do not have anxiety. You may be pleasantly surprised that you have found the reason for your unpleasant symptoms. Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.