Constant Floating Sensation and Migraine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been suffering from migraine about 8 weeks and I'm currently taking tablets for it.

I have this constant feeling that I'm floating and it feels like I'm on a boat. I cannot play sports as I do not know my awareness and it's affecting my life.

I am wondering has anyone experience this and have they had any relief from anything.

I am currently struggling and need some form of relief.

I have an appointment for a neuro in a few weeks but everyday is a constant struggle.

I have had an MRI and all is clear. I have pressure over my right eye and gives me pain.

Has anyone had a diagnosis like my symptoms??

Thanks for the help in advance.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Find a Nuerologist that specializes in Vestibular Migraine. Also go to facebook and do a seach for vestibular migraine and you will find a group of people like you.
  • Posted

Hi David,

I'm currently awaiting a diagnosis on my end as well, as I've been having chronic symptoms for the last 7 weeks or so. I have an appt with an ENT for balance testing this coming Monday, and if they aren't able to find anything, I'll have a follow up with my neruologist to discuss a potential MAV diagnosis. I also had an MRI done back in August that was all clear, both the neuro and ENT said they didnt' see anything serious.

Please keep us posted as to your progress on this, and if you notice anything that helps. I've been cutting out caffeine/alcohol completely, and avoiding most acidic/high salt foods, but it doesnt' seem to be making a difference. Have you noticed anything that helps yours out? 

I've noticed my symptoms are at their worst when I have my eyes closed, which has been fairly concerning to me lately. No idea what may be causing it.

I hope you find some relief soon.

Best,

Colin

• Posted

Hello David yes I've been going through the same thing for the last 3 years went to doctor after doctor to libraries to libraries so maybe I can help you out quick questions first do you eat or drink a lot of caffeine? Do you have any crack or broken teeth in your mouth ? And what is your normal every day activities??

• Posted

Hi daffany,

So my job is working on a computer every day.

I would usually drink 2 cups of coffee while I'm at work.

How do you mean cracks? I have no cracks that I am aware of anyway.

• Posted

OK coffee offsets vertigo anything with caffeine offsets vertigo...I ask about any crack teeth because they can cause you to be unbalence and can mess with your inner ear to make you become unbalence...check with your dentist to make sure you have no broken teeth ...if you find yourself becoming dizzy in the meantime you can take OTC meclizine 25 mg tablets you can get them from any drugstore they will help you with the motion sickness you can take them 3 times a day
    • Posted

Your symptoms sounds like you have vestibular vertigo its treatable with only exercises and changing the way you eat...you have to drink plenty of water no chocolate no caffeine period (no tea or coffee) when you are typing at work gradually stop at times take a walk then come back...only medication that will be good for you is the meclizine 25 mg and maybe a Tylenol for your headache or a BC powder tablet and its a must that you get plenty of rest but make sure you also check with your dentist and a ent doctor I hope and pray you get well soon feel free to ask me anything else....(by the way I haven't had one of those episodes in awhile after I crossed off everything I just told you happy holidays!

• Posted

Everyday is a struggle. I am going to try and cut out caffeine completely from today onwards. How long have you been suffering for?

I hope to get better soon as it's been going on for too long.

I'm guessing in the mean time I'll jus suffer on and take it day by day until I see the neuro

• Posted

Hi David,

It does sound like you may have Vestibular Migraines, which your Neuro should be able to assist with a diagnosis on. You should look into trying to start taking Magnesium supplements, there have been tons of promising studies on them being effective in treating chronic migraine symptoms. I've just started taking them this week myself, so I can't say for sure if they'll help much, but it's worth a try.

You can google chronic migraine and magnesium and you should be able to find plenty of studies on it recently.

Best,

Colin

• Posted

Its been about two to 3 years but I haven't had any dizziness or migraines after I've been doing the things I told you...its very hard I know 😢

• Posted

Hi! I noticed you asked about any cracks or broken teeth. Does this cause dizziness somehow? I have had a lot of dental work in the past year and I am wondering if that has anything to do with my feelings of unbalance as I walk. Thanks
  • Posted

Hi all,

Just giving a quick update,

Met the neurologist and he did all the tests and thankfully I am not suffering from any neuro disease.

He did say that my blood pressure was low and that it is causing my dizziness. Increased exercise and health salt should help apparently. Seems too good to be true?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.