Constant headache for 5 days.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm new to this site and just wondering if any of u guys have any real good advice for me?

i have had a headache now for 5 days tried numerous things Nothing has worked?

i Do suffer with migranes and taken my Sumertription medication But this hasn't helped!??

take Propanolol daily the pain is like a sinus headache and now on my right temple throbbing!!

its not a migrane just a constant 

throbbing I have tried nurophen plus but nothing seems to be helping?

its not painful but is annoying pulsating ?

im not stressed about anything

does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do with this? Thanks for reading.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shelly,

Make sure that you're not at all dehydrated, as apparently, it's a really common cause of headaches, in women (don't overdo it, with fluids, as that's not good for you, either). Otherwise, if, as you suspect, it's decongestion, it's definitely worth trying breathing in steam, over a bowl of just boiled water. Even though you're not stressed, it wouldn't hurt, to look for some kind of simple relaxation exercises, online. If you aren't already feeling better, I hope that you find a solution really soon.

• Posted

My post should say congestion, not DEcongestion, bloody autocorrect...
  • Posted

Having a headache for 5 days needs to be investigated,could be a cluster headache,see your GP ,he will probably give you migrain medication to see if it goes away ,u didn't mention any other symptoms so think you got a cluster migrain ,there not very pleasant 

good luck Shelly 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.