Constant noise in head .severe head pain when bending over or coughing & pain in right eye

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi all ,i came on here in the hope to find someone will similar issues that can advise.

i am 46 female and for so far 25 days i have had a loud humming/whoosing sound in the left side of ny head ,which is accompanied by the worst head pain iv ever had and i cannot move my right eye without pain . i have cervical spondylosis in my neck and nerve inpingement which was diagnosed a couple of years ago i take amitriptyline for the nerve inpingement and manage neck pain with codeine when its really bad . i have been back and forth to hospital about this,blood tests all normal ,CT scan came back normal and am now waiting for an MRI of my head and neck .

im usually able to deal with pain quite well but this is very debilitating and is affecting my life in a big way . the noise in my head is constant ,the pain in my head sometimes fades a little during the day but will come back if i bend over ,cough,sneeze or even turn my head . i also suffer vertigo with this on and off which makes me feel like i might fall or faint. does anyone else have this ? im terrified this is never going away and i have no idea on how to manage it.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

can anyone advise ? 😞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.