Constant pain behind ears!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I have constant pain behind my ears on my head, is this a brain tumour symptom or just a bad tension type headache?? I'm really worried??

Any advice please 😢

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura, I can 99% guarantee that you don't have a brain tumor as they are very rare, brain tumor headaches are very pinpointed to the area of the tumor you said yours was behind both ears, I think you are suffering a tension headache. How long have you had the headaches? If you experience any drowsiness, sickness along with the head aches I'd go to your doctor just to be safe or if they persist over two weeks. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Jake,

I've had the headaches/pain on and off for a few weeks, I don't have any drowsiness or sickness. I've been to the doctors who don't seem to be worried and have said it's a tension headache and that it will ease off.

I suffer from health anxiety so any pain/twinge I get is automatically something bad!!!

The pain is now around my temples and the back of my head, it's a heavy, full feeling.

I've taken a couple of co codamol to see if the pain subsides sad

• Posted

Hi Laura. Only a doctor can tell you what's causing the pain so make an appointment and get it sorted out. It's probably something simple like neuralgia.

• Posted

I've been to the doctors so much lately about various things that I'm embarrassed to go sad

I always feel like I'm wasting their time sad

• Posted

Hello Laura

it could be many things but is unlikely to be a brain tumour symptom. I know I have one!

You need to consult your family physician/GP

Best of luck

• Posted

Broadsword,

I'm so sorry you are suffering.

Can I please ask what your symptoms were that made you visit your doctor?

I've been so much recently that I feel like I'm bothering them if I go again as it's always something different. I'd like them to do an MRI but I know they won't, costs the NHS too much money for something that's probably nothing 😞

• Posted

Sorry Broadsword,

Just wondering how your feeling and I wanted to ask what your symptoms were that made you see a doctor??

Laura

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.