Constant spaced out (Derealisation), sore head, dizziness for months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Ive been having these symptoms for months now, multiple doctor visits but still no answer.

Constantly feel spaced out

Sore head

Sore eyes

Sore ears

Sore sinus areas

Dizzy + Faintness

Feeling of depression (mainly caused by symptoms)

I have been signed off work for weeks now its gotten that bad, seems to get worse while I'm driving my car.

Tried antibiotics as doctor thought could be sinus infection but no luck.

I did have covid a few times at the start of the year so maybe long covid? Just not very much research done on it yet so it is hard to tell.

Also this spaced out feeling gets 10 times worse when I consume alcohol

Any answers or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am very sorry you are going through this and I know how weird and scary it can feel. When I was in my late 20s, I suddenly developed many of the same sensations that you have and several more such as ringing in my ears, weakness, tingling in my arms and legs,. I thought I had a terrible disease.. I didn’t know what was happening and at that time, there was no online support. My dad took me to a neurologist, and all of my testing was normal. Any doctor I went to after that could never find anything wrong.

Then I came to my own conclusion, which was that long-term stress and anxiety took a toll on my nervous system. It’s like the straw that broke the camels back. The body can only take so much before it has a breakdown.

do you have any stress or anxiety that is weighing on you?

The spaced out feeling is called

de realization. That’s when the brain tries to block out the outside and anything that is causing you stress.

I have had that numerous times and to me that was the scariest sensation. However, it’s not harmful. If it was harmful I wouldn’t be in my 60s today.

I’m not surprised that the doctors didn’t find anything wrong with you. Anxiety and stress is very difficult. To find. The doctor can only go by what you tell them. They can’t see it like they can a broken bone. So it’s difficult.

Since the doctors couldn’t find anything wrong with you, focus on what might be causing you stress. It may be helpful to speak with a counselor who can help you manage it. I know that the more I focused on my sensations, the worse they got. try to relax your mind as much as possible. Feel free to private message me anytime. I’ve been there. I’ve done that and I know how it feels. Take care!

• Posted

also, stay away from alcohol. It’s not going to help and like you said it made things a lot worse. Try to avoid caffeine, junk foods, etc..

covid may possibly have something to do with this but it’s hard to tell

• Edited

hi rhys, i don't know if you have checked if you have problems with your sight or eyes or possibly migraines. check out your blood pressure too. mine is low and it's caused problems with my sinuses, ears, head, blood pressure and finally sight. so far i have seen a doctor (i know really rare) a dietitian, had my blood pressure monitored on more than 1 occasion, my dentist as my bone density is poor and that's just for starters.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.