Constant tension/stress/headaches jaw&neck stiffness & lumps under tounge - where to begin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I would really appriciate some advice as to what to say to my GP - I have recently taken to sobering up (smoking&drinking largely) after a almost daily consistency of smoking for 4 years and drinking for maybe 1 - until now u have paid very little attention to my health & anxiety largely putting it down to my addictions & poor diet

However I have come ro realise that I have many different health issues and do not know if all is linked or they are separate as I have only recently clearly thought about it so I do not know where to begin

I have an almost constant tension in my knees leg tendons and feet often causing discomfort - lower back pain almost ever present and clenched muscles around my buttox

On top of this the worst of all is my neck largely on the left side which will often jolt on its own if I move it too quickly my neck pain links to my jaw which is almost always clenched and almost like a numb feeling causing great discomfort and tightness in my throat - I have asthma and linked in to all this I have sharp pains in the left side of my chest occasionally. All my neck pain links into my jaw tension headaches and tension just above my eyes.

For a very long time I have also noticed that under my tounge on the gums I have multiple lumps which almost blend together in some places and noticed a purplish colour lump on the underside of my tounge very recently.

Please can someone direct me in what to say to my GP or where to begin because I have so many different issues that I don't know where to begin - having ignored them I am completely overwhelmed by all the issues and cannot fathom what the problem or problems may be - I am seeing my GP in 2 weeks and I need to explain it in a way he can make the right choice as to what to do or what to look for

PLEASE can someone advise me because I am very concerned for my health now I am thinking clearly (and if it has any relevance I have been under huge mental stress for many years in he form of depression/ptsd after leaving home and sleeping rough) really need some advice as to what to do from here

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi LJC44 sorry for your problems , but if I was you sometimes when you go to see your doctor you forget to tell them all your symptoms , well I would take this what you have wrote down an let him-her read it , you have put it down in words in a good way , good luck xx
  • Posted

Hi LCJ44 - sorry to read of your troubles. You state that you were a smoker for 4 years and a drinker for 1 year. These are short periods of dependency which means they are not likely to have caused any long term damage. You state you were also sleeping rough and this has caused mental anxiety, that you have a collection of physical pains - back, legs, knees, neck, jaw and tansion headaches, as well as lumps under your tongue.

The first thing you need to do is to make an appointment with a doctor. As Jayne has advised, it would be a great idea to list these ailments in writing to present to the doctor who will ask relevant questions and examine you. It sounds like the physical pain could perhaps be a muscular problem which could boil down to your spine being out of alignment. This can also cause the headaches, neck and leg problems. Even your jaw - which can also be realted to dental problems. Your stress and PTSD/depression can be treated with meds, and you should ask for a referral to a psychologist/counsellor to discuss underlying issues causing mental illness. You need to be totally honest and open.

Make that appointment, take your list with you, try to remain calm, and remember that you are taking the road to recovery. You will feel better just taking action. The road to recovery may not be swift, but you will learn about yourself and coping kills to deal with any triggers for your depression. Best of luck to you and your future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.