Constant Tinnitus after Tympanoplasty

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i had Tympanoplasty for a perforated ear drum just over 4 weeks ago now. I had the dressing removed just over 1 week ago. Since then i have noticed that i have Tinnitus in my ear constantly it never stops. I never had it before the surgery. I just wondered if anybody else has had a similar experience and it went away or is this a bad sign that i might now have this permanently? Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi just wondering how your tinnitus is now? i'm scheduled to have the myringoplasty op in January & i am really unsure about having it! I don't want to be left feeling dizzy or have tinnitus. Are you better now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.