Constantly hungry and tired? Anyone else the same?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I know I post a lot of discussions but it's pretty much the best form of reassurance. Is anyone else hungry a lot of the time, I suffer with nausea and I will get hungry around every 3 hours when I can usually easily go without lunch. I am also tired a lot. Anyone have this and know solutions?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey some days j can't stop eating I have to control myself try little and often maybe. If I cry around healthy snacks I'm ok if I'm planned for it if not I jut eat crap which is not good. Try drinking more water too that can be a sign of feeling hungry x
  • Posted

Hi Brooke

I often have really hungry days and it drives me crazy. Are you on prednisone?

I blame been on steroids and can't wait till I can stop them.

I also need to be prepared with snacks to stop me eating junk.

• Posted

I'm not on any steroids and don't suffer with loose stools, if anything I'm the other way. It's so difficult trying to figure out why all my symptoms are happening and now to stop them.
    • Posted

I used to be like that constipated eating a lot of fruit and veg and fresh meats and fish should help but everyone is different so what works for one doesn't always work for another xx
  • Posted

Are you on steroids or suffering a lot of bowel movements ? That may be why you are hungry fatigue is something that comes with this condition take some iron supplements liquid is better than tablets like floradix or Spartone x
  • Posted

Hello brooke22

I firstly apologise for not getting back to your post re tiredness and fatigue. I've been so tired I haven't wanted to do a thing. I have no energy getting up, even walking short distances is a huge amount of effort and this had really shocked me, The complete lack of energy I don't want to do a thing - have been in bed around 3 weeks now.

Secondly sorry for this bit everyone, please please don't mention food it makes me feel physically sick I am not eating much at all at present and I wish I felt hungry or could eat anything.

Now back to clotting blood and rush hour to loo again. Pain down left side keeping me awake in the early hours - ow!!

I share your frustration on fatigue. Asked medical team why I am so tired and they don't know. They said it is due to me being in flare up.

Been on so far Mesalazine 400mg, Asacol 400mg, Asacol 800mg, Colifoam (twice), Prednisolone enemas, Mesalazine foam enema, Prednisolone 40mg. Really hoping the Preds oral would work and...nothing, not a dicky bird no effect.

All failed, colon throwing a right diva strop and not behaving.cry

Oh and they kindly gave me Vit D so I don't snap in half!!rolleyes

GP has been very good I am beyond his remit and he doesn't know so he's referred me back to the hospital, go in 3 weeks (trying to keep going until then) Enema finshes in 3 days and oral ones another few weeks to go (tapering off at the mo).

I do know what you are all going through UC is the pits. A horrible unforgiving thing that goes on and on. 

What do you all suggest? Any help would be great.

Only thing keeping me patched up pain wise is 8 codeine a day to give it a run for its money and Domperidone which is great for the spews and helps.

Sorry for my awfully long post and take care all you sufferers on here.

Metaxa x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.