Constantly need to pee but no infection....

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

Over the last year Ive felt like i have a urine infection - I constantly need to pee.

Ive been to the GP many times and everytime I have a urine test, it comes back negative.

What on earth is going on?

Thanks 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lizzie

Is this your only symptom and how old are you? I recently started having such symtoms ( I am 53), as well as stinginging and burning. In September I was diagnosed with a hormone deficiency related condition (VA..Vaginal atrophy) and am on some topical hormone replacement therapy which is helping. Just a thought? If it's a bit like cystitis then it could be this or cystitis which isn't infection related?!  Just a thought/

• Posted

Hello

No Ive not been tested for diabetes.

Im 43.

It just doeesnt seem to go anywhere - you ring up for the test result they say negative - no further action required!!!

I dont want  to keep going back for a water infection that isnt there!

Any suggestions?

x

• Posted

Hi I have the same since September but my doctor has been amazing. Google search or ask your doctor about Urethra infection. I gave my doctor urine samples at my appointment and she checked them one 2 weeks ago was clear then my latest shows infection. That's after one being sent away and coming back clear! I have had an internal examination and now waiting on swab results

• Posted

Hi Sarah my name is Michelle I'm 53 had UTI's in the past recently got a UTI with my new boyfriend and saw a gyno who was ruid and didn't take time with me. I took 100mg of macrobid for ten days UTI cleared up but then I got an inflamed clitoris from oral sex. Do you have any advice?

• Posted

My name is Michelle 53 since I've been seeing my new boyfriend for six months and just got a UTI took ten days of macrobid 100mg and now my clitoris is inflamed and I'm having pain/discomfort and the only thing that helps it is otc urinary pain relief. i can't find a compassionate gyno who will take the time with me and explain. Any advice? I live in North Hollywood Ca 91605

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.