Constipation

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past 2yrs I've struggled with constipation. So bad to the point I have to use gloves to get it out you name it and I've tried it. So finally my Dr tried this new drug Linzess . Now this is before I left SC and moved to Wisconsin. Get here and the pharmacy (VA) wouldn't pay because it was too expensive and wanted me to try miralax tid. Been there and done it. So then I got so back up that last week I vomited stool. I thought I was dying. 2days in the hospital now they will pay for Linzess. But also learned something. ...when they realized I could not have BM on my own they finally concluded that being I am numb from belly button down from a total hysterectomy that the nerve damage has cause me to have the inability to go to the bathroom on my own. So now I will go back in the hospital Monday for colonoscopy and they are going to have me take 5 pills to do colonic inertia. it's a rare test I'm told. But it will show them what's wrong. Change the diet/ natural otc/laxatives and enema. In hospital they did a hot water soap Sud enema ...almost 2 bags and I still had trouble going. I've never been so uncomfortable. And dealing with fibromyalgia doesnt help .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi denise, so sorry to hear about your troubles. do you ever feel the urge to go or have the nerve damage removed this ability?
    • Posted

hello....it damaged my ability. the test will determine the kind of surgery. But of course the nerves can't be repaired.

• Posted

It seems your help has come stay informed so you can get good help when all is done hopefully the doctors will find a good medicine for you
  • Posted

Hi Denise sorry your having troubles I had a load of tests and the outcome was all was good but I have colonic inertia. 10 days ago I had surgery for ileostomy which is temporary to see if by passing my large colon helps.

Wow what a difference apart from some post surgical soreness I want to eat, I'm hungry I have some energy and no brain fog or bloating painful stomach , best decision. Even if I don't get the surgery to attach my small bowel to rectum and remove the large colon I know an Ostomy already is a much better alternative to being clogged up with poo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.