Constipation for years, and bad acid reflux

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been constipated for a very long time, its been almost 10 years. It started when i had trouble going to the bathroom. Then it became harder and harder to relieve my self. I went to my pediatrician who geniunely seemed concerned and wanted to help me. I remember being put on laxatives like Miralax and Senna. After that I had so much relief but as soon as i ran out, the problem came back. It got so bad to a point where if I did not have laxatives, I just struggled to go and would spend almost an hour on the toilet but nothing happened. I diagnosed with hemorrhoids. Eventually I had hemorrhoid removal surgery, but felt like a cosmetic surgery because it only got the ones of the outside. it was very, very painful afterwards and It didn't fix my problem. Its been years since and i'm still struggling. My primary care doctor told me to try exercising, eating more fiber, drinking more water. But I don't think it helped I am going to directed to a gastroenterologist. My acid reflux has gotten worse and left my tummy and my throat burning more often, leaving me with a uncomfy sensation and taste in the morning and even when I got to bed sometimes. This health issue is also effecting my mental health and made my depression worse, I have also done laxative abuse. For Years. I am devastated with my condition. I am thinking about cutting my food intake in half to try and help with my constipation. I am drinking plenty of water already. I don't really know if i can let this continue- :'[

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.