Continual Pain after Carpal Tunnel Surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

My wife had Carpal Tunnel surgery nearly 4 weeks ago and is still suffering on going pain. Some of her symptoms have diminished but not the pain. She saw her surgeon two weeks after surgery and he was happy with the wound and has discharged her. Should be experiencing a reduction in pain by now? She has returned to work on a part time basis undertaking light duties but is really struggling with pain and fatigue. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stuart

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Thanks Stuart for the response I hope your wife feels better soon! Maybe I overworked it somehow without realizing.
  • Posted

It's impossible to tell without much more detail, just 'pain' is too vague. Some patients do get prolonged post-operative pain related to the surgery, some have pain related to the CTS before surgery which may or may not be relieved by surgery, partly depending on whether the operation was done correctly. There is a guide to assessing symptoms after surgery on carpal tunnel net and you can ask further questions in the forum there once you have an idea how to analyse the symptoms. Dr J Bland

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.