coping

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

I was wondering how others are coping with the diagnosis of Polycystic ovary syndrome as I have been diagnosed nearly 2 years and I still have days where I break into tears about it and the fact I may not been able to conceive naturally.

My family try offering their advice and support but they have been very lucky in being able to become pregnant without any problems.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Go to an endocrinologist. they are much more optimistic on this and can offer advise. I thought after getting diagnosed with PCOS and NAFLD and an Prolactinoma for sure I could never have a child. The doctor reassured me I am still very much capable of having a child a little more difficult. But if I put my mind to it it can and will happen so please dont lose hope. :D
    • Posted

Hi zoey

I will give that a try. My doctor has advised that my best chance is with ivf but waiting to be seen to discuss this.

• Posted

Hi Babygal

I wss diagnosed with PCOS in my 20's. I'm now 44.

I can't say it's easy to live with, because it's not.

I also have Endometriosis and both conditions are horrid.

Unfortunately, my husband and I were not lucky enough to be blessed with children. I had so much treatment and drugs to help and after going through IVF in 2006 and that ending very sadly, we just had to accept that it wasn't meant to be.

I suffer with facial hair. This really gets me down. I was allowed laser treatment once on the NHS. I cannot afford to pay myself, so I have to put up with it and just use a beauty razor thingy.

Both of my sisters have 2 beautiful children each and I found this incredibly difficult to deal with in the beginning.

But, I have a wonderful husband and although our plan A didn't work out as we wished, we now live plan B and we have a great life and have 2 'furry' daughters (dogs).

Sometimes life can be cruel and we think 'why me'. Now I'm older I realise there are so many people where life has dealt them so much worse and we just have to accept it, no matter how hard. I admit I struggled for so many years and I felt sad for so long. I am so much happier now, although I will always crave the child I could never have.

I wish you all the luck and pray you fall pregnant. However life works out for you. Be happy.

Jo

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so sorry you were not blessed with children but have your wonderful children in the form of your dog's. We have 3 cats and 2 dogs and they are like our babies.
    • Posted

The great thing about these forums, is finding someone who knows exactly what you are going through and exactly how you feel.

If you want to ask me anything at all, or just need a chat, feel free to text me again.

Take care

Jo x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.