Could I celiac disease?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I think it all started after having my covid vaccine (AstraZeneca) or I may have had symptoms prior and not noticed.

The morning after having my vaccine I had diarrhoea and didn’t think anything of it thought it was just a side effect from vaccine or it still may of been but more often then usual I am having more loose bowel movements then I used to (sometimes quite mushy)

Hiccups and burping more after eating

Itchy skin and the odd individual hives after showering but disappear after 1-2 hours

Mucus from anus after bowel movement on one occasion ( 2 weeks ago never happened again)

Poor weight gain, I am eating absolutely tons and gluten as I haven’t gone gluten free yet and can’t seem to put weight on or I am losing the odd 2-3lbs which is unusual for me as before symptoms I would put weight on so easily

The odd mild muscle aches/cramps in arms, legs.

I have also suffered migraines for years and have recently been diagnosed with PCOS which I think is classed as another autoimmune disorder.

I don’t think I have any gastro symptoms such as stomach aches, bloating, constipation, gas etc. i am gonna go gluten free from today for a couple weeks and see if it helps. Sorry about the long post just looking for advice and what symptoms other experience?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi Danielle, normally i read these pists and there's a giveaway about whether people are coeliac or not. i can't tell with you - or thought i couldn't. you said you had another immune illness and that did it for me. speak to your doctor FIRST, then see about going gluten free ONCE you discover if you have it, then ALL the gluten can permanently go and i do mean ALL of it! i was you lots of luck! 🤞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.