Could it be?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I wanted to ask for those who may have had Scabies. Can it present itself without a real rash? I've had a very irritating and constant itch since October, I got the odd day or two when it calms down but most days it's driving me mad. There isn't really a spot on my body that doesn't get the itch or skin crawling sensation at times. I approached my doctor about it and she asked if I had any rash breakdown and I told her no because I didn't have anything noticeable to me that I'd expect a big rash breakout to look like, sure I get spots here and there but I put it down to just being overweight and stuff.

Anyways after 3 months and 3 blood tests I was sent a letter telling me I had an appointment with the diabetic eye screening clinic, I wasn't even contacted to confirm the diabetes first but I have it anyways and I think there is just an assumption it's that, there has basically been nothing else said about the itch thus far. I have noticed I'm getting more spots than usual on my skin, couple small red patches on the top of my hand which I don't know where they came from.

So yes, could I have Scabies going on without it being a big rash breakout? Would it be ok for me to try and get some cream myself and self treat, if I even can, I hear there is major shortages in Permethrin and big break outs in Scabies the past 2 months.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.