Could it be Endo?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm new in this forum but I'm concerned that I could have endo.

In this past two months, I had a stabbing sharp pain on my left ovary during my period, lower back pain, bloatedness and some mild pelvic discomfort. In the last 2 years I've been experiencing heavy periods but normal period pain until now.

I had a transvaginal ultrasound back Feb 2019 due to heavy periods, and they told me that there was nothing to be concerned with. They advice me to put a mirena coil which now i regret I didnt because I know it helps to keep estrogen levels low. . I'm 44 years old with one child.

Lots of other conditions have similar symptoms but can this be endo or something else?

Is a transvaginal ultrasound good enough to check for abnormalities? If not what else?

I will probably ring my GP bu tI'm not sure if they are sending people to the hospital to do checks..

Is there anyone that has had similar symptoms and found out that it was endometriosis?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi did you ring your gp? I am experiencing very similar symptoms but trabs vag scan picked up thickness of the endometrium so need another one in 6 weeks. Currently crippled in pain freaking out x

• Posted

thanks for reply . No i didnt just because im not comfortable to go to hospitals at the moment.

do you also get sharp stabbing pain on one side? and why doing same exam in 6 weeks time?

• Posted

Yes for stabbing pains. Another scan as showed thickened endometrium on internal scan so they want to recheck

• Posted

Hopefully is not endo but something else. i was reading that thickened endometrium could be endometrium hyperplasia that is very treatable or ovarian cysts can also cause stabbing pain.

im freaking about this too as i have similar symptoms.. fingers cross is something simple to treat. please keep us updated

• Posted

Yea I've read the same thing and also freaking out. Msg me if you want to talk x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.