Could it be Hodgkins?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Basically I am a 20 year old female. For over two years I have had a flare up under my arm and around my groin, which I have been putting down to ingrown hairs. However I noticed one of my axillary lymph nodes has been continuously swollen (around 2cm in diameter). I was prescribed antibiotics for it in November 2019 and given Hibiscrub, however neither has done anything to help relieve it.

More recently, for the past 6 months I have been getting an intense sharp pain in the centre of my chest behind my breastbone. This pain is like nothing I have experienced before. Its like a pressure that makes me want to rip my chest open, like something needs to come out, its so strange but that is the best way I can describe it. I have also found myself napping throughout the day for an hour or two at a time, which is out of the ordinary for me as I find it hard to sleep during the day and have never found myself having to nap before, however i put this down to just being tired.

I also found that when i drink alcohol it hurts my right hand side of my chest (just above the liver which i have had issues with a few years back so I assume it could be that even though it was resolved).

Over the past few days the pains in my chest have come around my upper back around my lungs and I have never have had this pain before.

I just don't know what to do, i don't dare go to the doctors because I am convinced they'll just dismiss me and it would be a waste of my time.

I don't know if it is important to mention but my nan's mum had breast cancer, my mums dad had leukaemia and my mum has an adrenal carcinoma so cancer runs in the family. I just need some logical answers and/or advice doc or not would help. I dont want to tell my mum because she worries too much since both my brothers are not well medically i don't want to worry her over something that might be as simple as a pulled muscle or just normal body functions.

I am debating ringing the doctors for a blood test for liver function and blood count to rule out lymphoma and liver disease (my liver functions have been in the 200's before when the normal is around 40).

Thank you for reading this far,

Summer

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi Summer,

How have things been? I would like to believe that you later unfounded your fears. You may do well to share as I'm also battling related anxiety at the moment.

Cheers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.