Could my shingles be on the move? :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have shingles on my right arm across my back from one rib cage to the other an a few on my legs and one on my eye brow. A few days ago I saw a few spots on the left side of my face and thought maybe a few pimples. I also saw a spot on my ear that was open and figured I must have scratched it.

This morning, I found a little rash on my low back, butt, thigh and deep in my ear where I can't touch it.  I'm still feeling poorly from the shingles on my right side, so my question is: what do you think the chances are that the rash that's coming out is the shingles on the move?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Samantha,

As you are immunocompromised, yes I think this certainly could be Herpes Zoster-Shingles dissemination and you need to be seen STAT!

Having autoimmune disorders ups your risk markedly. If you are on any of immune modulating medications, that would multiply the risk of Herpes Zoster-Shingles spreading to multiple dermatomes.

Often, that requires hospitalization for IV Antivirals and pain control.

I am so sorry!

Please let me know how you are doing!

You are in my thoughts!

Fondly,

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thank you Merry, your so kind! 

I went to the ER because my pcp said she didn't want to give me medicine including PAIN meds till I see the dermatologist. However, that could take weeks or longer.  The ER doctor looked and said maybe its a bacterial infection. I told him a culture was done for that and it was negative.  He gave me  anabiotic's, something for itching and pain medication. Sadly the pharmacy was out of the medicine for itching so I feel like a dog right now scratching or trying not to LOL   Now I just have to do what he says and go back if it doesn't work. It hasn't spread anymore today and one area looks better. Maybe it's going to get better on it's own. I still haven't slept so I'm going to try and sleep now. 

Thanks again for for your advice and kind words!

Samantha

• Posted

Samantha,

Thanks for the post.... Remember, if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, it's a duck!

Feel better!

Merry Juliana

• Posted

I know! I was going to go to sleep but I was itching like 10 dogs hahaha.  I think I'll be able to go to sleep now because I took a pain pill and put a bunch of Benadryl gel on my scalp and everywhere else.  

It all goes back to extremely poor Heath care. Nothing I can do  at this time. The shingles may be going away on their own slowly and if the anabiotic's don't work I'll have to do more. The doctors are going to get very tired of seeing. I've been there 3 times already.  Ok I'm babbling 🙃 I do that when I'm tired.

i will win the battle! 

Thank you,

Samantha

• Posted

Samantha...

If the lesions look and feel like the others, then it is Shingles ...

Sleep well

Merry Juliana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.