Could someone tell me if this is what your discharge looks like with BV?

Posted , 6 users are following.

For the past t few months i had a really bad uti which after taking medication for turned into a yeast infection.The yeast infection seems to be gone and the uti but my pee hole still burns like hell. But the burning comes and goes and my discharge has been like a yellowish mucus color and its really stretchy.

imageimage

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes. That looks exactly like the discharge I had when I was in the beginning stages of BV. I never had discharge like that before and I tested negative for all STDS including Herpes so I knew for sure it was BV.

My gynecologist swabbed my cervix and confirmed it was BV. It was 4 months of hell because mine was nearly antibiotic resistant but Metrogel worked the best. I was on 2 courses of Metronidazole pills and it did nothing for me but gave me anxiety. Best of luck !

• Edited

That's Group B Strep Vaginitis and it goes away on its own. They usually only treat pregnant women who have it because it can be dangerous to the fetus if they go into labor. It can cause pain during sex (sore cervix) and stringy discharge but it does clear up on it's own. If it burns during urination then you might have gotten a UTI again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.