Could this be a prolapse?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello all,

first time on this forum and just looking for a bit of reassurance really,

for the past few days I've had a lot of yellow discharge I'm due on my period in 3 days and normally I get a lot of discharge just before my period is due, but last night I went to the toilet and something was sticking out my vagina I panicked and put my fingers up to see what it was and it was long pointed flesh hanging down I can push it back but it just drops again with bloody discharge

has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Long pointed fleshy thing doesnt sound like the usual description of a prolapse. If it was your uterus/womb it would be fairly rigid and round. This sounds to me like a polyp and yes, they can bleed. I think you should see your GP if in UK or a gynaecologist if you are able to access a consultant directly.

They are usually benign and easily removed or cauterised but they do need to be checked by a professional.

• Posted

It doesn't sound like a prolapse to me. I have a prolapse it is a pink protruding rounded oblong shape.

ann18814.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.