Could this be chronic pancreatitis?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello! I would really appreciate it if you could share your experience. I’m 40 years old. I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with acute inflammation of the pancreas. I had to stay in the hospital for 1 day and had to go home as they considered that I could drink and eat by myself even though it hurt when I ate/drank. Also got pain in the back.

They did an ultrasound and found nothing wrong with the gallbladder. I don't smoke and drink alcohol 1-2 times a year. They wanted me to do a CT scan in 6 weeks, as the doctor thought that the pancreas must have time to recover before they take pictures. After 7-8 days I felt better but my stomach felt swollen. I had 2 completely symptom free days.

Then I got a mild feeling back in the same place, didn't hurt as much as the first time but the feeling was there along with a bloated stomach. I went back to the emergency room mostly because of my fear. They then did a CT scan on me the same day and took lots of new samples. The blood tests this time showed normal. CT scan showed that the pancreas had an irritation but no tumor. The doctor wanted me to come back for another CT scan in 4 weeks as previously planned.

Right now it doesn't hurt when I drink water, but when I eat food it feels strange in the pancreas area. The stomach still feels a little bloated. I have started to get a loose stomach, but it may also be due to my inner stress that has taken over me, I cry and am afraid as I have 3 small children who needs me. I am trembling and feeling very down. I eat 1-2 small meals a day with only legumes and vegetables without any dressing, as liquid only water. During these 3-4 weeks I have lost 6kg in weight, but I must add that I hardly ate anything (300-600 kcal every day). I am incredibly afraid of my answer from the next CT scan. When I google chronic pancreas I get that you don't live that long (45% chance to 20 years) and life becomes a constant pain... Anyone recognize this symptoms?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.