Could this be fibromyalgia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have cervical spondylosis, i suffer from joint pain, crippling at times, my feet ache, have tightness and pain in my Achilles and calfs, my knees ache, have hip and pelvis pain radiating down both legs, pain in my buttocks , and tighness in my rib cage and middle back and lower back, also my shoulders hurt but not as bad as other places, my elbows are allways sore and my right hand and fingers are sore, not too mention the fatigue,. i was diagnoses with vit d defiency but took vit d for months and no change in symptoms, my mental health has suffered also my anxiety is through the roof, i had to give up my profession in construction due to my physical aches and pains. now i am doing part time until i see if i qualify for pip as i cant afford to live on basic benefits and being made to job hunt until i have a diagnosis, waiting 5 months now for rhuematologist, my GP thinks possible fibromyalgia but he cant diagnose. i take meloxicam, dihydrocodeine, amitriptyline, vitamin D supplements but nothing helps the pain, amitriptyline helps me sleep but nothing helps the pain

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

david877633 dont give up ...continue your fight to find the source of joint pain. do your research online looking for many answers one by one . be your own advocate. push for a solution diagnosis and treatment. sending blessings your way.

• Edited

thanks. dealing with the NHS is brutal just now, thats the governments fault but thats a whole other arguement. ive looked at lots of conditions, thought possibly ankylosing spondylitis but so many of my symptoms mirror many conditions. its hard for me not to have real bad days i basically need to sit in the house and do nothing just to have my pain at a 5-6 out of ten and be somewhat comfortable but as soon as i go to work or do anything physical it floors me for day, i work 2 days then off for 2, those days i spend doing nothing trying to keep the pain at bay then i work again for 2 same scenario every week work and try rest prepare myself to do it all again, thats my life just now, no quality of life at all, got a my partner and 4 kids even they must be sick of seeing me the way i am

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.