Could this be herpes?

Posted , 6 users are following.

by laxobellavida, May 20, 2016

I have had a very itchy labia major a... But on the inside of it. It is red and irritated. I felt a hard bump on the inside of my labia right by the hair line. I saw a hair in the middle of the bump so I figured it was infected so I plucked it out. Now the center of it is white. I woke up this morning and saw another small red dot near it but it is not close enough to be considered "clustered". They are a little sore but these don't really itch much. I tried squeezing but nothing comes out of them because they're not really a blister or a sore... Just a red dot that's "open" I guess I would say. I do have a history of yeast infections. My husband and I used a condom so I thought I could be allergic but the "sores" aren't on the opening of my vagina. I looked up herpes and these don't look like this at all.. Could this be a yeast infection irritation? I have three more of these. They aren't on the outside of my labia..

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Do you shave? And do u think you may have a yeast infection? They don't sound like herpes to me, but you should go to the doctor to get a proper diagnosis
    • Posted

Yes I do shave. I looked up a million pictures of herpes and these aren't blisters. They almost look like a canker sore. I have just been diagnosed with gastritis and I get horrible pains at the top of my stomach. I found these symptoms lead to Behcets disease?? I put anti fungal cream and there hasnt been itching since yesterday.. For the past two years I've only had one partner. I took a picture of these lesions..
    • Posted

Canker sores are what you get in your mouth. Well at least that's what I think. I'm not sure what it could be u should just go to your doctor to get a diagnosis
    • Posted

That's what I thought too but indeed you can get them in genital area because it is a mucous membrane! I made an appointment. I would imagine that my husband would have had an outbreak by now if it was herpes.
    • Posted

Can you let me know what your results came back for it is? And wow I never knew that
    • Posted

I always get a little scared when I get little pimples or razor bumps in that area, couldn't even imagine what your going through. Hope everything comes back fine though (:
    • Posted

I had BV and when I went to get checked out 3 years ago, the doctor said I had Herpes because of bumps or sores. Honestly I didn't see them and at the time I also shaved. I was swabbed and it came up negative but apparently that isn't accurate? Today I went to the doctor because I have a hard bump on my vaginal lip and he told me without testing that it was definately not Herpes since he has seen a lot (he's an older doctor) and that my bump doesn't show any characteristics. He also then tried to make me feel better saying everyone has herpes, even those who haven't broken out yet as it's so common and you can still get it even if you use condoms. I was angry when I found out my recent STI test didn't involve a herpes test and I asked my doctor for that test because I was going to be intimate with my boyfriend for the first time and I didn't want to spread anything to him. Now I am freaking out. The doctor I saw today refused to test my blood for the virus. 
    • Posted

I know you got your negative on herpes, (phew!?) but just FYI in the future, it's not uncommon for men to get herpes but have no symptoms.

They can still pass it on.

• Posted

I have had herpes and this does not sound like it. Herpes gives you more than one, probably several, open lesions, not spots, and extreme burning when you pee. You would be far too sensitive to squeeze any of them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.