Could this be Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension ?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had lumbar puncture 1 year ago because doctors thought that i have meningitis but i didnt have it.

1 month after lumbar puncture i started to have severe and very painful headaches mostly in left side of my head, it feels like a nerve pain, painkillers doesnt help. And after that puncture i have back pain all the time in my lumbar and thoracic area... 2 months ago i got new Symptoms - my headaches got worse, stabbing headache, sometimes it feels like my head will explode, horrible eye pain, blurred vision, double vision, ringing in ears, feeling of disorientation, spaced out feeling and hard to focus on anything, stiff neck ( left side ) it feels like a pinched nerve and i have spasms in that area of the neck, i cant workout because i get very dizzy. I feel very bad pressure in my brain, especially if i lean down or when i lay straight on my bed. In last few days my vision is getting worse, i started to see some black spots and its so blurry i cant read anything. My doctor thinks im crazy and im making up symptoms and she sent me to psychiatrist. She thinks this is from anxiety. But i have anxiety for years and i never had symptoms like these and i can feel that this is something different. I dont know what to do anymore... Im so scared i will go blind and i cant stand this headaches anymore... I visited neurologist 3 months ago but then i didnt had all these symptoms... i just had headaches back then... My next appointment is in 3 months... I cant wait so long.... Im so scared and anxious... Is it possible that after lumbar puncture body sends "wrong signals" and produces more cerebrospinal fluid than it needs? Anyone Have or had Intracranial Hypertension and deals with similar or same symptoms?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.