Could this be Lyme?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Symptoms started in December and have gotten progressively worse:

Fatigue, lethargy, night sweats, flank pain, nocturia, yellow urine, sometimes smelly urine, restless feet (in day), weight loss, abdominal pain, tremors, pitting nails, muscle atrophy, muscle twitching, muscle cramps, crispy hair, low libido, no appeptite, nausea, dry skin, mental changes, and visual disturbances.... doctors can't find anything wrong. I keep going back for kidneys, but my BUN is 10-11 and my CCR is normal too... Lyme or some kidney infection? All my symptoms sound like uremia! Don't know where to turn, I know this isn't all from anxiety like the doctors think.

Labs:

Renal Ultrasounds - normal size/shape

Metabolic Panel - Normal, sometimes slightly elevated blood sugar

CBC - normal, low MCV

VIT. D - low

Abdominal CT - normal

Xrays - normal

Urinalysis - sometimes normal, sometimes micro RBC, sometimes mucus

Please help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

no thyroid or adrenal tests, no vit d  tests  or minerals test?  .lyme mimincs other disease and  causes other disease. i have adrenal fatiquge and low thryoid, back probls heart head kidney dry skin nearly bald veryunwell and just ben tested positive for lyme,  i presume youare i n the usa? i thinkmore doc  are  there thanthe uk for lyme, but you could get tested privately.
  • Posted

do check your b12 & folate levels.  low b12 can cause most of the symptoms mentioned.   do u have kidney pain or cystitis with the nocturia?
    • Posted

I do have kidney pains. No cystitis. Everything checks out with the kidney function test but I find it odd to have low vit. D and urinary symptoms.
    • Posted

is there a possibility that  you maybe  having 'adrenal' pain rather than kidney pain - similar location. it's easy to have your adrenals checked by a saliva sample.  doc could also have you're cortisol etc. checked.

i'd  strongly advice to have your b12 & folate levels checked as b12 can cause SOOOOOOOOOOO  many  debilitating  symptoms  similar to ME/CFS, Lyme etc.. do have look at the website 'HealthUnlocked' in the Pernicous Anaemia Society (PAS) section & cross check your symptoms. b12 deficiency  is a very prevalent condition that's rarely checked for by medics with devastating consequences. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.