Could this pain be from the gallbladder?

Posted , 1 user is following.

For the last five years I have episodes of pain. It lasts from a week to two months at a time of everyday pain. The pain is right in the middle of my upper stomach. It will then stop for a few weeks up to 2 months and then start again. Sometimes the pain gets so bad I throw up. The doctor said my ultrasound and CT scan showed positive for several stones in the gallbladder. They are however, unsure if the pain is from my gallbladder or acid reflux. I take acid reducers like Nexium, at twice the recommended dose daily and the acid reducers do nothing for the pain. The pain is not heartburn and is hard for me describe, but it really affects my quality of life and I cannot live like this any more. Right now I am in my longest stretch of pain as it has been 10 weeks. The doctor said that it may be time to get my gallbladder removed, but what if the pain is from acid reflux and then I get my gallbladder removed only to find the pain is still there and it makes my acid reflux worse? I always thought acid reflex pain was from heartburn, but I rarely feel heartburn. Has anyone else experienced pain in the middle of the upper stomach from gallstones? I have no other pain anywhere else in my stomach.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.