Could this talky be the start of MS?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was just reading an article on MS because WebMD sends me emails about different subjects. And I as I was reading the symptoms I realized that I have a lot of them but I also have other illnesses that could be blamed for some of these symptoms. Before I start pursuing this with my doctor I wanted to talk with some one that knows about it because I don't want to come off as a hypochondriac to my husband. Especially since I've never discussed these problems with him because I thought they were part of my other problems.

First of all I've been having a lot of problems swallowing. My vision has changed significantly. My balance is off too. I also have noticed that i don't have the same dexterity in my right hand that i used too. And I'm having trouble recalling words and following conversations.

I have a bad back and am on opiates for it. I have been taking them for many years. But the symptoms are new. But you can see why I would think it possible that it could still be the drugs. I also recently had a TIA which temporarily effected my speech and the use of my right hand. Oh and I also have two autoimmune disorders.

So MS patients what is your take on this? I wish it had a simple blood test. Then it would be an easy descion.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Mri,s with and without contrast ct scans blood tests electrical conduction tests study of your medical records visual tests off you walking

Standing etc complete medical examinations etc it's a long road to a ms diagnosis or not.

You don't want ms .

• Posted

Firstly you should not be worrying about what anyone thinks of you and especially your husband who you need to be on your side for whatever is wrong with you. Have a good heart to heart with him and at the same time get your gp to arrange an appointment with a neurologist. If he is any good the first thing he will do is send you for MRI and spinal tap

As fester has said you dont want MS but then none of us do

• Posted

Hi! I'm in the same boat. I don't want to tell my bf as I don't want to seem like a hypochondriac. Mine came about really similarly. A close friend was diagnosed because she noticed symptoms in herself. I've always had "random" health issues and since she has been dx I have started to think more about it and realised that I have a large quantity of the symptoms too. It's very strange.

I think the best thing to do is go to the doctor regardless and push for tests. You are better off to. Even if you find out you don't have it you'll never regret going to check. That's my thing of it anyways . I've decided to just go check on my own and push for an MRI. If I don't have it then I'll be grateful and thankful but if I do I'll be glad I checked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.