Covid vaccine

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good afternoon...has anyone with Sjogren's received the Covid vaccine? I'm 53, with Sjogren's, take hydroxychloroquine daily and work in a medical office. The vaccine has been offered to me, but I have not yet received it. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my rheumatologist to discuss. Looking for some insight from people who have been vaccinated.

Thank you,

Pauline

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi, did you take the vaccine?

I took the SinoPharm (2nd dose was taken 2 weeks ago). mild symptoms of flu the next day which lasted a week except the cough which was deep and painful after a while ...but after 10 days ...has subsided

• Posted

Hi,

I received the covid vaccine - the 1st Pfeizer shot. 15 minutes after that I felt tingling and numbness in my tongue, and red rash around lips. 3 weeks later and numerous tests, still have no answers. My symptoms got worse, my tongue got painful, increasingly dryer mouth and nose, i have swelling ubder the chin now. there are no available rheumatologists who could see me now, but it is starting to feel like the biggest Sjogren's flare i ever had. i never had such dry mouth before. i started having chills and fatigue too. no access to a doctor yet. i need someone to confirm Sjogren flare and give me a prescription. anyone else had tingling in tongue after the shot?

• Posted

Hi Deanna,

Since your vaccine, how are you doing today? I have had sjogren's syndrome for

20 some years. This vaccine has had so many adverse reactions, and it seems like

they are forcing you to take it, even children now.

• Edited

Hi, I had the Astrazeneca vaccine 3rd March 2021. I was fine that evening, but the next day I had flu like symptoms, nauseous, achy and fatigue ++ I had to go and lie down for the following 2 days. After that was still sore at injection site and a little joint pain, which is normal for me. My neighbour had similar symptoms and she has Sjogren's & Lupus. I haven't had my second jab, due 19th but heard from others that there were none or minor symptoms. To be honest, I'd rather the jab than catch covid.

• Posted

Hi Pauline i have sjogren, phospholipid syndrom and a history of alergic shock due to cold water. those and general all autoimmune syndroms show many times blood problems.such as phrombophilia or thrombopenia. because of those 2 problems ,including the shock, they didn't gave me the vaccination on site and told me to have it done in a hospital . 2 problems with vaccination are, allergic reactions and vipit symdrome

• Posted

Hi Pauline,

Have you taken the vaccine, any reactions? How are you doing today?

I have sjogren's syndrome also. What recommendations did your rheumatologist give you?

There has been so many adverse reactions to this vaccine, I would like to know how you are doing

today?

• Posted

Hi

I just joined this forum so I am answering questions that are older.. However, I have Sjogrens and MS Had the vaccine/ Pfizer three doeses. Had absolutely no side effects which is strange cause I always have something. But these vaccines never had any issues. Thank God

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.