Cramps and pains in the left leg when standing still or sitting

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I have been having leg pains since April now, I believed that I was failing to stretch properly before exercising which caused them. But 6 months later and I still have the same leg pain, it feels like the muscles in my left leg are tightening constantly, particularly above and below the knee on my left leg, the ache is only underneath my leg. The pain only occurs when I am standing still or sitting down. I have no pain at all when I lie down completely flat, in fact that is one of the only times when my leg doesn't hurt at all. Interestingly, if i sit down but keep my legs completely flat in front of me, i.e: sitting up straight while on a bed, I still have the leg pains. I spoke to my physiotherapist about what could be causing the pain, and she suggested that it was just growing pains (I'm a 17 year old male), she gave me two stretches to complete, 30 seconds each, 4 times a day, for 6 weeks. I have been doing them for 16 weeks now, the stretches temporarily help with the stretching, cramping pain, but they have had no affect in actually reducing the pains. I am due to visit the physio again in a week or so, but does anyone have any recommendations for better stretches I could use? If someone has had a similar experience then I would love to know if you found a solution, I am currently in college and studying in 2 hour sessions, so it makes it incredibly hard to focus when my leg starts hurting around the 30 minute mark.

The current stretches I am doing:

Quadricep stretch side lying: https://www.docpods.com/Quadriceps-Stretch-Side-Lying

Hamstring stretch 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mfIHcjSCtY

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry you are going through that. I would try a product called cramp champ available on amazon. The science behind the product is the ingredients in it stimulates the muscle receptors causing the muscle to relax. hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.