creatinine 179

Posted , 5 users are following.

my creatinine has gone down to 179 from 230 but the receptionist could not tell me what my egfr was what stage will 179 make it or can you not tell off that

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My EGFR mirrors my creatinine count, so high creatinine lower EGFR, lower creatinine higher EGFR.  At 179 creatinine my EGFR would be mid to high 30's so maybe 36 / 37.  Everyone is different but if the receptionsist has you creatinine level then she automatically should have your EGFR count, she is probably not looking properly.  Call them back or call your consultants secretary they will tell you, i do it all the time and they are really helpful.  Let me know what your count is so i can compare mine, thanks

• Posted

If you know a person's creatinine and age the GFR can be computed.  You don't have to ask the doctor.  Anyone can do the math.

• Posted

What was you EGFR count when creatinine was 230 ?  Mine would be around 28
    • Posted

Excuse me for asking but what's with these creatinine counts in the triple digits?  Here in the US we apparently use an entirely different system.

• Posted

My chart shows creatinine at 1.38 an eGFR at 42. My doctor did use 3 digit figures when diagnosed. Was over 300 at first. Very dehydrated. Has come down since.
  • Posted

Hi Davey72

There are websites that will calculate it for you - just google eGFR caculation from Creatinine. Make sure you know which units they have used. It also makes a difference whether you are male or female, black or caucasian. For added accuracy, you can put in your height and weight, although the lab would not have this information, and do their calculation without it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.