Cure for Uti's

Posted , 3 users are following.

After suffering for 9 mths with recurring UTI'S i seem to have cured myself. Had cystoscopy then extended cystoscopy with nothing found. was on Nitrofurantoin and Macrobid . I was asked to have a trial off antibiotics so i took a one dose antifugal tablet (diflucan) with a daily dose of acidophilus to strengthen my immune sytem and cranberry tablets plus DMannose capsules. i started by 3 capsules of Dmannose for a few days. I also used Echinacea and a multi vitamin tablet.

i had a glass of water with every tea or coffee. i did noice if i didn't have enough fluid it felt as though i was getting the early symptons of cystistis.. I am menopausal so there is a link between oestrogen and uti's. it was sugested to use vagifem pessaries twice weekly. I hope this helps anyone  It has been an awful 9mths with frequents visits to A& E's and hospital appointments. I was also advised to use decaffinated tea and coffee.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Julie I'm glad you are better. I've had it for three years used more than 6 antibiotics and nothing workds. I'm waiting on my urology tests results to see whats wrong with me. 
    • Posted

my sister had intertestinal cytitisis and was treated by a gynaecologist with a special interest in urology . she advocated the use of vagifem pessaries  after menopause.  good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Julie,

I have got the same problem right now, been going on for well over 4 months now, i think i have tried every antibiotic going.

Going to get an emergancy doctors appoitment on Monday morning and see what other avenues i can go on. I am on the menopause have been for a few years.

I have started to drink loads of water to day to see if i can flush it out and if i drink any bloody more i will grow fins lol.

I have now swapped to decaf coffee and tea but it does not really do anything.

I hope you don`t get any more flare ups as it can make you ill.

Best Wishes.

Sylvie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.