Posted , 2 users are following.

hi

so i have two questions..

- how high does cortisol need to be to be diagnosed with cushings

- can cushings cause high fsh?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi.  You have asked 2 very important questions which we will try to answer, however Cushings is sadly not as simple as that.  We all have different Cortisol levels, we all have different symptoms.  In the Cortisol test if the reading is lower than -50mcg/dl or 1.8nmol/L you may not have Cushings.  Your question about FSH is equally difficult as Polycystic Ovaries can give some of the same symptoms.  There are many well known defining symptoms of Cushings but we all get different ones.  Can you tell us what has led you to consider that you might have Cushings, then I am sure we can help you more. Take care.
    • Posted

first of all, thank you for taking the time to respond to my query. I really appreciate it.

I guess deep inside...I want it to be anythinga but premenopause for some reason. I have quite high cortisol,310..normal ranges 80-240. in general,I feel cold,tired,my period is irregular..comes very often,I sometimes have slight galactorrhea. not a lot though. I guess im terrified of menopause.

• Posted

Hi I am sorry that the others on the forum have not replied to you yet.  We are in different countries and log on at different times  Do you live in the UK or the USA?  I can understand your concerns.  Have you been referred to an Endocrinologist?  Your cortisol levels are certainly high.  As I said there are so many different symptoms, some of which are similar to P.O. but there are classic Cushings symptoms that you do not mention.  A hump on the back of the neck, stretch marks on a your body.  Putting on a lot of weight particularly round your middle.  You also out to look at the Pituitary Help Website which may explain more.  I really hope that someone else will have had experience of your symptoms.  Keep in touch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.