Cushings Syndrome?! Advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Cushing Syndrome?

Male, 28, 18 Stone, White, Cushings Syndrome (not disorder), 6+ years, conditions not related (or hard to tell), Anxiety, MMD, Depersonalization, oh and Urology issues. Drink once a week, smoke 10 a day, drugs - no. Medication daily, 80mg propranolol, 2mg Xanax.

I've spent 6+ years looking for why I am so ill and stimulated to the moon and finally got some factual information, it came mostly all within a month or two.

Tried 30+ medications to lower the Cortisol and Adrenaline, Anxiety, Depression (oh and Bipolar which I am 100% NOT, had to pay privately as the NHS were hell-bent I was), 10k later I seen the top people I could in London (flight away) for everything. Finally, one doctor thinks they found it.

Blood: Plasma adrenaline 568 above the normal range of 0-459.

Saliva: hhttps://imgur.com/a/2ypnz1H (two pictures scroll down)

DHEA (Low in the red): DHEA 0.46 (Reference 0.25-2.2 nmol/L). DHEA ratio: 0.06 (0.05-0.32)

IGA (High off the scale): IgA 340 (Reference 56-212)

Cortisol 5x over at points and always over (picture does it justice, wasn't even a extreme day for me).

Last week I failed C-Terminal Glucagon (CGLUC) - Scan 236ng/l (<210) “high”.

MRI x4 (2 Brain, 2 Body), CT x3 - All clear, hundreds of bloods and other tests.

HPA Dysfunction (symptom-based, diagnosed by two fields, psychiatry, and a top autonomic doctor who said Cushing's Syndrome). This might explain anxiety, depression, and depersonalization being labeled "treatment-resistant".

My symptoms match up, awake for days with Adrenaline even with large amounts of Xanax. Cortisol blockers make mine increase, stimulants are a no-no, pseudoephedrine will leave me shaking and stimulated beyond. I've gained 5 Stone!!! I have tremors, etc.

I've been told I have been ruled out of Cushings Disorder but appear to have the super rare syndrome. 20 in a million?

I'm wondering two things really.

CGLUC - I got the result this week, I've seen so many doctors lately and my GP doesn't know what it is or where it came from, is this a scan or blood? and do I need to go back to discuss them? (I did research this, it seems to be a benign tumor marker, have nothing to go on as it's just over the range. (This also came after I was told I might have Cushings Syndrome by St.Marys London, this seems to back that theory up).

Currently, St.Marys London (top hospital) is referring me to a specialized hospital department, Royal Free London (again top hospital). This time however I am being referred from the NHS, so this is gonna take time, I imagine a lot of time, NHS has been rough lately to put it lightly. Could I really have found it?! From my understanding, I just need an ACTH for the clean sweep?

Thanks for reading.

Ps, in my history there is a story version and symptoms before we finally got something on paper

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hello. Cushing's is a hard thing to diagnose. try to find a very good endo which is challenging. Several tests must be done to confirm you have it. I had adrenal tumor. they were treating me with different high blood pressure meds none of them really worked. they were blaming my depression but it was Cushing's. but u have to realize that not everyone who gains weight and high bp and is depressed has Cushing's. please find a good endo who knows what to look for. good luck ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.