Dark area in vision NOT FLOATERS...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello guys...i dont know how to describe this. for like 3 months ago i got floaters in my eye and they move with my eye movements just like a typical floater. 

For the next description i would love to refer to this thread and the topic creater has EXACTLY the same issue. 

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/dark-area-in-vision-not-floaters-538444

In my right eye i dont know how long i have this but she describes this issue exactly and it really makes me anxious and im unable to do anything anymore sad Note that this issue is not floaters. i have this too but that other issue is bugging me and im really afraid that this might worse over time sad

So to describe my problem for me. When i look with my right eye to my nose and hold my right eye to this position (it is like looking to directly on my nose) and after that i move my head to the right a dark area forms like a shadow kinda thing. it not entirely dark and resembles a greyish area circle thing. i have a feeling that this is transparent. The same thing happens when i look up with my right eye and hold my eye in this position and move my head downwards a dark area forms in my right side and it resembles a crescent moon. also greyish dark transparent. The more i move my head downwards/ to the right the more i influence those darkish areas. (they grow bigger smaller etc.) When my eyes are relaxed like looking straight i cant see them also i cant see them when my eyes are moving like like they normally do. They only appear when i do this weird movement with my head...

Can anyone help me ? i was already at 3 eye doctos and they told me my eyes are fine. i also did a visual field test at 2 doctos and they told me all fine (eyes were dilated too).  i wear a glass too and my right eye has myopia....and advice how to proceed ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello!

I experience the exact same phenomenon in my left eye and was wondering if you ever found out what caused it? I also tend to see vertical lines in my peripheral vision when moving my eyes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.