Daughter recently diagnosed with LS

Posted , 1 user is following.

My 5 yr old daughter recently got diagnosed with LS in December, it was all a bit of a shock as I'd never heard of it. She is currently having a real bad flare up and I am unsure how to help speed up the healing. Dermatologist has prescribed steroid cream and a soap substitute. I've also been giving her antihistamine syrup at night to help ease the itching whilst she's sleeping. We use coconut oil throughout the day and I've now got wet wipes.

Bless her because it looks so sore but she is still smiling and pretty unbothered by it. But my main concern I have right now, is she says it's painful along her groin area like it is bruised. Is this normal?? Some of her skin has become very dry and wrinkly. Does anyone have advise generally how to manage LS for a child??

Thank you in advance for any help and support

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.