Day 5 off 20 dhydrocodein help

Posted , 4 users are following.

after a year of 20 dhydrocodein I went cold turkey it was is hell it's day 5 and have zero energy anyone know how to get your energy back and not feel like a lifeless slug which often causes me to relapse.This time I can't due to nearly rupturing my bowel so please anyone can you help .

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

it will take time. that is all you can do. wait.

eat well, go for walks, drink water

go to NA if you can

• Posted

Sarah Thank you for replying.I just have zero energy no appetite and keep feeling like I'm going to pass out this is horrendous and though you say it takes time last time it was 8 months and still felt the same I'm starting to panic and feel their is no end to this .

• Posted

well done on how far you have come.

i have had the displeasure of detoxing of opiates many times and have learnt that it is not just stopping using that matters but changing how i live. just switching to a prescribed substitute is not the answer unless it is to taper off.

you need make changes.

for me NA helped to do that. drugs are just the symptom of a bigger issue.

pm if you want to discuss further.

• Posted

Sarah feeling so Ill but can't go back.the nearest n.a. is 45 miles away I don't drive.im on a lot of antidepressants but feel so Ill. 0 energy .can't even work out how to pm you but Thank you for your support xx

• Posted

yes go to the na website and look for online meetings. if you run into any priblems call the na helpline they will help you. i use online meeting.....i would not be clean without them.

• Posted

WELL DONE ON TRYING TO STOP. TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

I can only offer advice from my own experience and reassure you that it CAN be done - but it is safer and easier if you try and get some professional help. AFTER YEARS OF FIGHTING AND TRYING TO GET CLEAN OFF MY 100 DhC a day habit I eventually sought help and was given support and an initial dose of Suboxone 24/mg a day.

I HOPE YOU FIND SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU WHO YOU CAN CONFIDE IN AND WILL SUPPORT YOU. BE KIND TO YOURSELF & I WISH YOU LOVE, KINDNESS AND SUCCESS.

• Posted

Andy I have been on subutex before and had 3 awful detoxes off it but I went to the local drug group again and was told in my area they haven't the funds to prescribe anything hence I went into withdrawal.im on day 7 and my god the sweats are driving me mad.but the thing wat gets me every time is the lack of energy even though I force myself to walk etc.im on a lot of antidepressants and still feel unwell but I'm determined this time is the last .I'm 49 and battled this for 13 years any advice welcome xx

• Posted

yes. it has taken me 4 years to reduce from 24 mg to 10 mg.

i am aware it is a little expensive but my local health trust here in uk are very supportive.

i dont know if TEZ 22 is in uk or usa or rlsewhere but hope s/he gets some support. DETOX AND LETHARGY ARE NOT EASY. as im sure you know.

PS DONT KNOW WHY THIS KEEPS CHANGING TO BLOCK CAPS - very annoying?!!

• Posted

well done on getting to 10mg. it can be difficult to get right off for some not others.

detoxing is just hard. i am detoxing off psych drugs atm and it is no fun.

tbh opiates is kind of easier.

i am in na and that helps.

• Posted

hi. Sarah I'm on a cocktail of seroxat mirtazipine pregablin diazepam and zopiclone and Andy I'm in UK I'm feeling shocking today I just wish I had a partner to help me through this x

• Posted

hi Andy and yes well done when I was on 8mg subutex it took me 6 years to reduce to 2.8mg then went in for a detox. The detoxes don't work .and yes in UK and a she lol feeling very low today very very low hope you are ok x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.